Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle Woolen Company-Sport Togs Leather Jacket

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This is a first attempt at using youtube slide show maker. I put all the pics in the mix and didn't do any editing, so it came out way too long. Over 5 minutes.

The Jacket is stunning. As nice in person as it looks in the pictures. Probably a size 36/38, no bigger. No fit pics. I have some on the Form I will try in a slide format.

The Pics are also in this folder.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Terry, this is how you got me the last time. No, I won't look. I won't.

Isn't it spectacular? Look at that lining? I don't have a good pic of the Sunrise Deco Talon Box. I'm getting a pile in you size. I was stunned when I saw it. I could not turn away. I just did a Video shot outside with my pre-war Black Jackets. The Sport Tog is in the mix. You're safe for now.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Seattle Times Archives.jpeg

Patch dot com.jpg

Museum of History and Industry Seattle.jpg

Credit of photos are the file names.

So Seattle Woolen Co is Filson, or the very first Filson, back before 1900s...

https://www.historylink.org/file/11150

Super interesting piece of clothing history in the PNW. Worth the 5minute read.

I couldn't get the name Seattle Woolen out of my head after seeing the unlined leather jacket from TMitchell. I've seen this name before, on a tag of an original cruiser jacket that later became what is now known as the Filson iconic cruiser.

So they made leather too, not surprised they basically outfitted the customers with whatever they needed to go up north.

Side interesting fact, had the Americans not agree to the Oregon Dispute the border wouldn't be held at the current 49 paralell, and I'd be paying American taxes instead of Canadian taxes...

Now I just need to get caught up on how pocahontas fits into the background story here... She was part of the American expansion team if I remember my history correctly... Another day...

Attachments

• 1681837551469.png
    1681837551469.png
    610.1 KB · Views: 70

jeo

One Too Many
This jacket with no label was posted in the finds and deals thread earlier this month, I immediately recognized and jumped on it. Besides being super cool, I've seen this cuff design on many Seattle Woolen jackets. I also knew I've seen this exact jacket somewhere. I had to scour my picture archives but I finally found it. It's a Seattle Woolen.

IMG-4166.jpg
IMG-4165.jpg

IMG-4164.jpg

Here is the same jacket with the Seattle Woolen Co. Sport Togs label. It also has the same lining as mine.

1940s SEATTLE WOOLEN CO. SPORT TOGS Leather Sports Jacket 1.jpg
1940s SEATTLE WOOLEN CO. SPORT TOGS Leather Sports Jacket 2.jpg
1940s SEATTLE WOOLEN CO. SPORT TOGS Leather Sports Jacket 5.jpg
1940s SEATTLE WOOLEN CO. SPORT TOGS Leather Sports Jacket 8.jpg

@tmitchell59 's Seattle Woolen jacket above and this one below that's been on eBay forever have the same cuff and back designs. They are also just very similar designs in general.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16002.jpg
s-l16001.jpg

@Mysteryo I believe your jacket is also a Seattle Woolen. Same cuffs, same back and all around a similar design. Mine is made of a delicate leather like yours which is most likely ponyskin and also has the union ticket inside the hand-warmer pocket just like yours.

Nacho

Practically Family
Thanks. It’s a small, probably labeled a 38 in its day. The chest is 21” but it has a 21” back.

You’ve got this one from Washington on Etsy right, jeo? Man, that state always has sick leather jackets.

Reactions: jeo

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads