Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Cal Leather Horse Hide CHP 60s Black Motorcycle Jacket 44-46 true 25" PtoP

MotionDesign

One of the Regulars
This one is hard to let go...

For sale is a genuine 1960s Cal Leather CHP jacket in excellent condition. This jacket features sturdy yet incredibly soft leather, making it a standout piece among vintage Cal jackets. Unlike many motorcycle jackets from that era, this one molds to your body, offering both durability and comfort.
One of its highlights is the original mutton collar, which remains in pristine condition, along with the rare triangular neck guard. What sets this jacket apart is its fit—most vintage CALs tend to run small and short, but this one measures a true 25" pit to pit and 25" from neck to hem, offering a more generous fit. It comes with 2 Sam Browne belts, sized 38 and 40.
I've owned this jacket as part of my collection but have only worn it once in the past year. It feels too special for casual rides, so I usually turn to my trusty Vanson or a more worn-in CAL jacket instead. This jacket deserves a home where it will be truly appreciated and worn for what it is—a rare and iconic piece of motorcycle history.

Low starting bid, no reserve.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305770584394

Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 11.24.13 AM.png

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
This one is hard to let go...

For sale is a genuine 1960s Cal Leather CHP jacket in excellent condition. This jacket features sturdy yet incredibly soft leather, making it a standout piece among vintage Cal jackets. Unlike many motorcycle jackets from that era, this one molds to your body, offering both durability and comfort.
One of its highlights is the original mutton collar, which remains in pristine condition, along with the rare triangular neck guard. What sets this jacket apart is its fit—most vintage CALs tend to run small and short, but this one measures a true 25" pit to pit and 25" from neck to hem, offering a more generous fit. It comes with 2 Sam Browne belts, sized 38 and 40.
I've owned this jacket as part of my collection but have only worn it once in the past year. It feels too special for casual rides, so I usually turn to my trusty Vanson or a more worn-in CAL jacket instead. This jacket deserves a home where it will be truly appreciated and worn for what it is—a rare and iconic piece of motorcycle history.

Low starting bid, no reserve.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305770584394

View attachment 638184
Beautiful jacket. I created a tread that helps everyone find hard to find reference items for the jackets. Such as mouton collars and leather batch holders, neck protector/covers etc. https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/leather-jacket-fur-mouton-collar-attachment-pattern.108468/
I was wondering if you could please share images of the neck guard and the mouton to our tread?

In the tread, there is a downloadable 1'x1" PDF file to help trace or place the neck protector or batch cover. By contributing such information will help others in restoring or adding original produced items to the jacket.

If you have any questions,
please reach out to me. I can assist you with any further questions you might have.
I have been looking for a nice straight zip like yours. Too bad your nice jackets, a little big for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1