Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

School Supplies Overload

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Scot I have a memory like that too. In like 3rd grade a kid named George got sick after lunch and hurled all over the nice hardwood classroom floor. :eusa_clap Mr. Siebal wasn't extatic about mopping up but did so quickly and efficiently.

As the teachers sent poor pale George home a kid reminded him to take an apple he'd brought for afternoon recess. Of course he could have cared less if he took it or not.

All afternoon the class amused themselves by drawing pictures of George barfing up huge quantities of quite colorful crayoned fountains of stuff.:eusa_doh: Some of us used the apple as a prop and depicted poor Georgie hurling a river on it as he held it in his hand.lol

Why I vividly remember that I have no idea.[huh]

Alighieri

Suspended
To the teachers

I wanted to express an opinion on this matter. I have family as well as close friends that are teachers. They have been lamenting for years on taking money from their household to buy supplies for "their (school) kids." They will go on and on about how they "Have to" and "must" buy these things. I simply asked one day "Why must you buy them supplies?" I of course got the full list of excuses to buy these things for children not of their loins. And while I admire the furvor to which they hold to the ideals that some people just can't buy for their real kids, I can not condone their actions. A friend of mine, who just barely makes enough to get by and pay all her bills with a couple hundred a month for her to really "live on," spends her spare hard earned money on "her kids" and then has to decline offers to go out to eat with friends because she "doesn't have the cash." I have told her to stop buying for "her kids" as she has yet to birth any offspring into this world.

It is rediculous for teachers to buy supplies that the school (mostly) or parents should supply for their kids. Isn't a teachers job hard enough without stressing them out over their own personal financal problems? Don't we pay property taxes for this very reason?

To all the teachers out there, I suggest you stop buying for your class and force the Administration in your school to do its job and get you the supplies you need to teach. If they want you to teach art, then they should supply you with the materials, the same goes for text books and the like.

Thank you for your time,

Alighieri

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth