Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rotating Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These are the hats that I will be rotating out of service. I will take another bunch from storage to replace them. This is the only way that I can wear as many as possible with out forgeting some. It also allows me the chance to inspect and perform damage control.
Park Lane for Bond Gray Flannel
DSCN3658.jpg

Stetson Standard Quality Midnight Blue
DSCN3654.jpg

Adventurebilt Deluxe Brown ( might keep this one out for the winter)
DSCN3650.jpg

Stetson Whippet Light Gray
DSCN3645.jpg

Cavanagh Mocha
DSCN3642.jpg

Gladhatter Dark Gray
DSCN3629.jpg

Stetson The Boss Raw Edge
DSCN3626.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Very nice selection. You have reminded me to so something similar. I need to dig into my closet and see what is sitting in those hatboxes.
I really like the Stetson Whippett in light gray. The gray color, black ribbon and bound edge look great together.

DOUGLAS

Gladhatter Natural
DSCN3622.jpg

Borsalino Light Cream
DSCN3618.jpg

Adventurebilt Gray
DSCN3610.jpg

Higbee Brown
DSCN3600.jpg

Stetson Stetsonian Light Beige
DSCN3594.jpg

Portis Light Brown
DSCN3590.jpg

Borsalino Trionfo Gray
DSCN3584.jpg

Borsalino Tan
DSCN3580.jpg

DOUGLAS

Stetson Whippet Dark Gray
DSCN3577.jpg

Straw
DSCN3574.jpg

Straw
DSCN3573.jpg

Gladhatter Dark Green
DSCN3565.jpg

Gladhatter Feather Weight Mole
DSCN3562.jpg

Straw
DSCN3568.jpg

Straw
DSCN3571.jpg

Gladhatter Feather Weight Mojave
DSCN3632.jpg

Gladhatter Moss
DSCN3634.jpg

Stetson 3X OpenRoad
DSCN3637.jpg

DOUGLAS

No the GH is a custom hat. The ribbon is a variation on one that I saw on Dirty Billy's Hats site. It is from the Spanish American War styled hats. Deanglen has many hats from this period if you want a more accurate view. I think it is a great bow style so I had a few hats made with it.

Barry

Practically Family
DOUGLAS said:
No the GH is a custom hat.

I accidently dropped mine on my hardwood flooring. It rolled right on the edge of the brim and the hat carved a two foot scrape in my beautiful Kahrs cherry floors.

Just kidding :)

deanglen

You know, Douglas, a lot of people, myself included, marvel at the sheer size of your collection, or the constant aquistion mode you're usually in, or the seemingly invincible bidding power you wield, but after looking at these hats, none of the other characteristics of your collecting seem to be that significant stacked up against the character of the hats you collect. There is definitiely a quality reflected in your choices. You're taste in hats has an identifiable personality. Keep posting the shots! Oh, and thanks for the nod toward the campaign hat ribbon bow. It provides a nice variation from the more common types.

dean

DOUGLAS

Gee Dean, I almost have a lump in my throat.:eek: Thank you! I am partly impulsive part compulsive and not very consistant with my tastes. I like almost every thing which makes collecting difficult. I buy untill I am satisfied with what I have and what I want or what I have lost. I have hats in my head all day and basicaly look for those hats that are floating in my mind.
I will slow down I promise.
The hats above are the ones that I have been wearing for a few months. Some of the hats I have bought have not made it into rotation yet so they will be up next. I have to remind myself that I have a lot of hats and don't need to buy more. Out of site out of mind. When I go into storage I am like a kid in a candy store and I can stay there all day. I can find a hat that I haven't seen for a while and that will send me in to a different direction for buying.

It is a sickness.... But a very pleasurable one.

DOUGLAS

THESE ARE NOT FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!

Disregard this transfer from HATS. These hats are not for sale! They are merely being moved to storage.
SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION:eek: :eek: :eek:

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I stand up and you can flog me

I take full responsibility, due to some PM's sent to me which set my thinking that the hats were being sold. There were other issues, not to be mentioned here. I thank Bartender ZOHAR for moving them back. You see, I laptop from my mobile office a couple times during the day, and don't get back online until arriving home. I was certain that the hats were being sold, but it turns out that it is more of a "show and tell".

With that in mind, I am going to post my sock drawer, as winter is approaching I rotate my summer socks with the winter ones:eek: lol lol lol

Ok you have to take that as a joke!!!!

Anyway, very nice hats. I was scared for a minute that some nice lids were going to go on the marked the same as my recent announcement to "weed out" some of my collection.

I will on that note begin posting them on my weekend. I have to take some good pictures, upload them to Photobucket, and then post them in the Classified sections. BTW thanks for those of you who PM'ed me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley