Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RMC Buco J-100: How do you tell if it's a newer or older version?

LEOSTARK

New in Town
Colour of pocket lining? Shape of the zipper?

Been scouring the Japanese used market for a J-100. I have been driven to believe that the newer versions (BJ19011?) fit a little larger around the chest/shoulder area, which probably is the better option for me since I am an in-between sizes (chest varies between 37-39) and don't necessarily wish to go a size up on that silhouette of jackets.

Appreciate the input.

LEOSTARK

New in Town
Japanese sellers are very good about posting measurements. I would go by that.

If it has a NZ tag, it's def older.

Thanks. Is it safe to assume that if the little puller leather ribbons on the sleeve zippers are black/reddish brown that the jacket would be a tea core leather?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
BJ9110 old fit had white pockets fabric. BJ19110 new fit has black pocket fabric.

2nd Street is horrible for measuring. Official RMC numbers for width are accurate but they measure the sleeve length along the curve so minus 1" to 1.5" to get straight down length.

Also stay away from the "outlet" jackets, they're all over the place. Blow up the tag closely and if you see faint OUTLET stamp then don't do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42