Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

Doug C

Practically Family
oh ok, so it's more of a civilian chore jacket then, I personally like the shawl collar on the USN one and love the removable buttons too.. practical or not. But still 40% makes the Levis one interesting, unfortunately our Levis store dissapeared over a year ago, oh well. I've been considering that buzz rickson one for a long time too, I just can't afford it but figure it'd be my best choice short of a deadstock original. Actually, one of the japanese retailers carried one that I liked most of all, it was by a company named Cushman and it featured contrasting white thread which I know is not an accurate detail but IMHO it helped the design. Wish I could still find the link but have had a comp crash since then.

Doug C

Doug C

Practically Family
Alexi, fwiw I think your cardigan looks pretty nice. Certainly looks comfy that's for sure. I have one from Lands-End, was on sale for like $50 a year ago or so... it's a chunky lambs wool and is soo warm!! Anyone else interested in a shawl collared cardigan should consider it.

Doug C

PoohBang

Suspended
I just made this one.. it's not perfect in any way, but it's my first attempt...
this is the pattern I used. I'm going to try a work shirt this weekend.

DSC08652.jpg

DSC08654.jpg

pattern1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I went to the gap yesterday. They had one of the chinstrap workshirts on clearance, so I picked it up. I don't remember this khaki color being available when I was in last. It also has different buttons. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same.

P1000893.jpg

P1000906.jpg

P1000908.jpg

Doug C

Practically Family
Dinerman WOW those shirts look great displayed out like that. There is a little bit of workshirt snobbery going around now days but I personally think these Gap shirts hold there own. I sort of wish they'd sell them all starched and folded up like the real things used to be though. Anyway, your pictures makes me want to hunt down all three of those - my luck the stores near me wouldn't have 'em though.

Doug C

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Here's a Ralph Lauren one. Long narrow spread collar, longer chinstrap than the Gap ones. I like the detailing on the sleeves of the gap shirts more, however.

P10101291.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
J. M. Stovall said:
I like it! Patterned work shirts seem harder to find. Did you buy it in their store?

It was a $10 eBay find. No stock number on it, and I don't know how old it is. I wish I could find another like it.

Feraud

Bartender
Dinerman's RL shirt looks great. I have a pink plaid (it looks better than it sounds..) one from RL I should post. It's very comfortable and probably my favorite shirt.

s_crumb

Familiar Face
Anyone know of a shirt similar to the Buzz Rickson HBT shirt? I like the shirt but it's a little steep. If there was a more economical alternative I may jump....if not I may have to bite the bullet anyway.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
flat-top said:
INCREDIBLE vintage looking plaid chinstrap shirts, mackinaws, a dark denim USN style work jacket (with removable buttons!). So much great stuff. And it NEVER seems to be going on sale! Grrr
Well, it's all now 50% off! I got two of the plaid chinstrap shirts for $35 each!

mattfink

Practically Family
s_crumb said:
That's the one. I like the shirt a lot. Is that based off of a particular shirt? I see surplus HBT shirts but theyre mostly Vietnam era, OD green.

I don't think that's a particularly high price...don't know of another substitute.

mike

Call Me a Cab
s_crumb said:
We all have our limits as to what we feel is too high.

I would say your best bet is to monitor japanese ebay for previous years styles. History Preservation doesn't necessarily have the best customer service, prices or selection. More importantly - WHAT IS LIFE LIKE AS A VINTAGE ENTHUSIAST IN SOUTH KOREA?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe