Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real McCoy's Buco J-100 Order Help

wawfully

New in Town
Hi,

I need some support concerning size selection for a new Real McCoy's Buco J-100 jacket.

My measures are:
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 63 KG
Chest: 96 cm
Trouser: 29
Waist at navel: 73 cm
shoulder seam to shoulder seam :47cm

Should I choose a size 38 or size 40?

Would you post some pictures of the fit and your particular size/fit data.
Thanks in advance and kind regards.

wawfully

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
From what I've read on Real McCoy stuff, it's always best to order up one size if in doubt...particularly with the unforgiving cut of the j-100. Might be Best to show them your data and get their advice.

wawfully

New in Town
Thanks for the help and advice.
Their advice is size 38,I'm afraid the shoulders would be too tight.Most jackets in my shoulder is 46cm to 47cm.

Ralph Chen

Familiar Face
I have both buco j-100 and j-100 padded from mccoy . Size 40.
My measurement 177cm heigh ,weight 73-75 kilo ,shoulder 45-46 , chest 103
I would recommend u size 38 for ur best fit... However if u choose to purchase size 40, perhaps u wanna consider the padded version... Which is more snug fit cuz of the pad. Hope that help ... Cheers

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
According to your shoulder measurements, both 38 and 40 are fine. However given your chest size, neither would fit. I have 38 chest (98cm) but narrow shoulder, I went down one size to size 36. My friend has broader shoulder but 36 chest and he bought the 38 but he complains that if he wears without zipping up, the rail on each side will scratch the leather on the other side. In any case, I find the J-100 more forgiving than the J-24, you should be fine with size 38.
IMG_20140806_154056914.jpg
IMG_20140806_154123847.jpg

Last edited:

wawfully

New in Town
I have both buco j-100 and j-100 padded from mccoy . Size 40.
My measurement 177cm heigh ,weight 73-75 kilo ,shoulder 45-46 , chest 103
I would recommend u size 38 for ur best fit... However if u choose to purchase size 40, perhaps u wanna consider the padded version... Which is more snug fit cuz of the pad. Hope that help ... Cheers

Would you post some pictures .
Thanks.

wawfully

New in Town
According to your shoulder measurements, both 38 and 40 are fine. However given your chest size, neither would fit. I have 38 chest (98cm) but narrow shoulder, I went down one size to size 36. My friend has broader shoulder but 36 chest and he bought the 38 but he complains that if he wears without zipping up, the rail on each side will scratch the leather on the other side. In any case, I find the J-100 more forgiving than the J-24, you should be fine with size 38.
View attachment 21863
View attachment 21864

Would you tell me your height,thanks.

Benj

One of the Regulars
I would strongly recommend not getting a 40. Keep in mind that they changed the cuts without chaning the model number, the 38 now is roughly equivalent to the old 40, actually the 38 is apparently even a little larger than the 40.

I get this information from someone who owns the old size 40 and has tried on the new size 38. He is I believe a little shorter than you and a little heavier.

Blackadder

I would strongly recommend not getting a 40. Keep in mind that they changed the cuts without chaning the model number, the 38 now is roughly equivalent to the old 40, actually the 38 is apparently even a little larger than the 40.

I get this information from someone who owns the old size 40 and has tried on the new size 38. He is I believe a little shorter than you and a little heavier.
I agree if what you mean is it is gonna be loose around the body and that's why I suspect that neither will fit. On the other hand with Wawfully's shoulder and height, sleeves on a size 38 may be a little short. Well, many other people choose layering as a solution to the extra width.

Benj

One of the Regulars
Yes, I think the 40 would be too loose in him.

The 38 will definitely be smaller (obviously)... But I think it might be perfect since if you look at pictures the sleeves are not really short on anyone. They're too long on a lot of people who own them, they might be just perfect for him!

Blackadder

Normally yes, because most peopl went up in their size, however
http://www.realmccoys-nagoya.co.jp/?pid=62590796
38(chest 104cm、shoulder 46cm、Length 65cm、Sleeves 63cm)
If his shoulder is 47cm and that would mean his sleeves would be pulled up and they would look short. If you look at the photo of the site, that guy is wearing size 38 and the sleeves are long and the shoulder too wide and the body is too loose for my taste. I am in fact saying neither 38 nor 40 will fit like he expects.

Last edited:

Blackadder

My friend wears the size 38 and he is the one who complains that the zipper rails scratch against the leather. He is 178cm tall, 92cm chest, 44cm shoulder width. He thinks the sleeves are perfect in the sense that they reach the roots of his thumbs. That is taken into account of his shoulder width.

Blackadder

Borrowing the photo of another friend of mine who wears the size 38. He is around 5'8 tall, 40 chest, 44 shoulder, 29 waist. This in my opinion is a rather perfect fit.
20131203_103739.jpg

Last edited:

wawfully

New in Town
Thanks a lot for all the advices above.

Real McCoy gave me the data of actual measurement.

size38:
- Pit to pit: 102cm
- Sleeve length: 63cm
- Back length(Collar seam to bottom): 62.5cm
- Shoulders (straight across the back): 45cm
- bottom hem: 50cm

size40:
- Pit to pit: 106cm
- Sleeve length: 64cm
- Back length(Collar seam to bottom): 64.5cm
- Shoulders (straight across the back): 47cm
- bottom hem: 52cm

I think the most suitable for my size.
- Pit to pit: 105cm
- Back length(Collar seam to bottom): 63cm
- Shoulders (straight across the back): 46cm
- bottom hem: 48cm

Blackadder

size38:

size40:

Doubt you need 102cm pit to pit let alone 105cm unless you plan to wear plenty of clothes inside. If you must, get the 38.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

size38:

size40:

I think you should be able to work this out from those sizes. Fit is a personal thing and I would be wary of taking advice. You need to decide by comparing this to other jackets you own. Also worrying about one cm isn't worth it. 105 and 106 in a chest size is a difference so small you will not notice it. Just as a comparison, I am six feet two (187 cm) and 180 pounds (85 kilos) and I can fit in the 40.

Last edited:

Benj

One of the Regulars
I don't want to steer you wrong because I have no experience with this particular jacket, but...

At almost 5 feet 10 inches and just under 140 pounds, you seem to be fairly slim. I'm a little shorter and heavier than you and I think the 38 would be what I would go for... these jackets are supposed to fit trim.

I would go 38.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82