Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Purple Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddt667

New in Town
Can anyone tell me if there are any external emblems or way of telling Your wearing a ralph Lauren Purple Label shirt. Call me
shallow ,but if I'm going to pay $400.00 for a shirt , I want people to know it.

ddt667

New in Town
Nope, no markings on the PL line you unapologetic label whore.;)
I sincerely believe that majority opinion would agree with me on this and that it is a very bad marketing decision by Ralph Lauren not to have some emblem for the PL line similar to pony on the polo line. I would not drive a Cadillac without the emblems.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@ddt667

I agree that when paying good money for garments, one should take pride in showing it everyone.:cool:

"RL Purple Label" has these purple labels on the inside collar of the shirt. You (or a good tailor) can attach it to the outside with a few professional stitches.

When buying a brand suit or jacket one should also keep the label stitched to the sleeve.:clap:

Don't let negative voices hinder you from proudly showing what you bought with your hard earned money.
Show those labels!:rockon:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The same with savile row. Why don't they pay some designers to make them some badass logo graphics. Put them everywhere. It's impossible to see if the suits are any good without this.

ddt667

New in Town
@ Fastuni.......Bad example and you know it. There are numerous examples of what I'm talking about, Polo , Nautica, Tommy Hilfiger Etc. Some
things are acceptable and traditional and some aren't. A quality expensive suit can be spotted a mile away, the same with shoes etc. Why does Ralph Lauren use the Polo Pony on One line and nothing on the PL line. Their sales would increase exponentially if they did. Just because someone drives a Ferrari how can you tell if their shirt came from Walmart or Neiman Marcus, the styling could be very similar.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Quite so, it is a matter of enormous importance that passing strangers should be aware that you splurged loadsamoney on your shirt ( one assumes your friends already know, possibly because you told them..... )

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
.Bad example and you know it. There are numerous examples of what I'm talking about, Polo , Nautica, Tommy Hilfiger Etc.

I fully get what you are talking about... but my suggestion was serious and meant in response to this:

Can anyone tell me if there are any external emblems or way of telling Your wearing a ralph Lauren Purple Label shirt.

Since Purple Label RL has no exterior labels, I'd suggest that if you really like their shirts and want to show the label, just stitch the interior purple RL label to the outside.[huh]

I don't think there is any other solution to your problem... or you have to pass on RL shirts and settle for a different brand, which has exterior logos.

Some things are acceptable and traditional and some aren't. A quality expensive suit can be spotted a mile away, the same with shoes etc.

Not so sure about that... many style-concious men leave the label on the suit sleeve. Don't you do that?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Except that the advertising industry pays to buy advertising space. Why should I pay for the privelege of advertising someone's product? If someone wants me to wear their logo on my clothing, maybe they should give me the shirt and pay me to wear it.

Qirrel

Practically Family
Except that the advertising industry pays to buy advertising space. Why should I pay for the privelege of advertising someone's product? If someone wants me to wear their logo on my clothing, maybe they should give me the shirt and pay me to wear it.

Maybe I should embroider my name in a huge font on the front of your suit, TT? That would give my little tailoring operation tons of respect, I'm sure.

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Maybe I should embroider my name in a huge font on the front of your suit, TT? That would give my little tailoring operation tons of respect, I'm sure.

I feel the same way about the ball caps (I seldom wear anyway) in the big box and parts stores...I won't wear them, let alone pay them for me to wear one!:eeek:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
It should be about the quality of construction and the design. The shirt is for you to enjoy not to shout hey I spent a lot of money on this shirt.
Once you understand the details that make a difference with Any product you learn that is why you pay the money for a well built piece of clothing or whatever.
The average person today will wear a T shirt shorts and flip flops and could care less if they look stupid.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
...... and could care less if they look stupid.[/QUOTE said:
apologies-- off topic I know but this phrase interests me .... all of my life it has been " couldn't care less " (this is in UK) but more and more these days I'm hearing it without the "not"....which doesn't seem logical at all.

E.g. "I could not care less about advertising" clearly means one has the lowest possible opinion of it, whereas " I could care less about advertising" means there is still room for one's view of it to sink lower....

Can anyone cast any light on this ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld