Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question for Moderators

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
UH34D said:
Bart, Thanks for the kind words. To all, thanks for the warm welcomes, looks to be a friendly place with a touch of good natured digging.

When I wrote that I was putting a hit out on the other 7 1/8ths............well........... that was not good natured digging

:D

GWD

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:
When I wrote that I was putting a hit out on the other 7 1/8ths............well........... that was not good natured digging

:D

Well, I certainly took it as such. lol

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Speaking of digging Bart....

Hey GWD, did that "fella" from NJ get in touch with you about that "thing" in the Pacific Northwest that we were going to have him do?? [huh] You know, the bicycle parts problem we have??? ;) :rolleyes:

lol lol lol :p lol lol lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
rmrdaddy said:
Speaking of digging Bart....

Hey GWD, did that "fella" from NJ get in touch with you about that "thing" in the Pacific Northwest that we were going to have him do?? [huh] You know, the bicycle parts problem we have??? ;) :rolleyes:

lol lol lol lol

I feel like something unsavory is going to happen to me soon.lol lol lol

kskentucky

New in Town
Hi,Newbie here

I've tried posting a few times before with no luck.I would like to be able to bid on hats.I live in Buffalo,N.Y. and just ordered a hat from Gary Wright.Cant wait to get it.This site looks really cool with nice members.ken

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
If you've been reading this thread you'll know you need more posts to bid on hats, so seeing as "kentucky" is in your handle- welcome and enjoy the lounge from a Kentuckian. Post away!

panama jack

One of the Regulars
UH34D said:
A Sikorsky to be exact. Handlebar, how did you know that?

I'm in hopes that all the 7-3/8" ers will be all hatted up or at least have a little mercy and let this "hatless" person into the club. Sounds like a plan to me, what do you think?

Hey UH34D,
That's a Marine Helicopter to be more specific. I work for Sikorsky.

Neil

A-List Customer
johnnyphi auctions?

Sorry to sound clueless, but I cannot understand what a Johnnyphi auction actually is.

neil

Stan

A-List Customer
Neil Macdonald said:
Sorry to sound clueless, but I cannot understand what a Johnnyphi auction actually is.

neil

Hi,

Johnnyphi is the handle of a most fortunate member of the Lounge. He found a treasure trove of New Old Stock hats from someone he knows who's family once ran a clothing store. These are all unsold stock left over when they closed the store. It's a proverbial time machine.

He sorted thru his very large stock, hired a very good photographer to shoot the best of the inventory, and is now engaged in auction off these brand-new never-worn hats to us salivating fools around here. :eusa_clap

Rather than use the familiar eBay system to do so, he's running the auctions right here in the Merchant's Forum. The auctions are open only to FL members, and you have to have in excess of 15 posts to qualify. That's to avoid folks that like to spoil things. Just have a quick chat with some of us in any of the many threads around here, and you'll reach the magic number in no-time flat. :)

These links are to the threads in the Merchant's Forum where the details are spelled out:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=31017

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=30741

There's a link to the photos of all the hats, sorted by size, in the third post on the first page of that second thread. You really should read the entirety of both threads to understand just how it all works. As you do, you'll see that there have been some teething problems with the rather unusual auction scheme, but now we've got it down quite well. :)

I wound up with one of the earliest hats to be auctioned, and I can say that it was like building a time machine and going back to that store in 1948 and buying a brand-new hat.

I must warn you, though: They tend to become habit forming! :D

I also must warn you that these hats don't sell as cheaply as most vintage hats on eBay do, but keep in mind that these are *known* to be brand-new and I will say (and many others wll back me up on this) that they are worth the extra money for sure. :)

Enjoy!

Stan

Edit:

If you're curious, here's a link to the thread where the entire story unfolded in front of our eyes:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=26205

UH34D

New in Town
Panama, I'm pretty familiar with the 34D being a Marine designation. I've got about 4 years worth tooling around in one. Semper Fi !

jaco

Suspended
Sigh! Sob!

Now I understand the reason why I cannot place a bid.
This is a shame! I'm viewing so lovely hat in the merchants section!
I hope that quickly I'll be unrestricted:kick:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S