Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question for Moderators

UH34D

New in Town
To continue, when I measured, it showed 23" spot on. So, from the charts I've looked at the majority show that as 7-3/8". Are there any rules of thumb that I should be aware of other than how the hat actually fits, such as certain mfg's run alittle one way or the other as far as size is concerned?

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Oh no! Not another one! This means even fewer hats for me! Seriously, welcome to the Lounge, and although they are a little harder to come by, there are many great hats our size available-just be patient and they will eventually come in your direction. Happy hunting!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
UH34D said:
I think, 7-3/8 regular oval. Now, is that good or bad sizewise?

That 7 3/8 may not be so good. There seems to be a lot of 7 3/8 on board here competing for the same hats.

Just kidding. Keep posting and you should be all ready to bid in the next round of Johnnyphi hat auctions. They should be coming up soon.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
UH34D said:
I think, 7-3/8 regular oval. Now, is that good or bad sizewise?

That is a great hat size, these days I am spending more money hiring hitmen to knockoff the other 7 1/8ths than I do on hats. Welcome to the Lounge. You will love the Johnnyphi hats if you win one:eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:
That is a great hat size, these days I am spending more money hiring hitmen to knockoff the other 7 1/8ths than I do on hats. Welcome to the Lounge. You will love the Johnnyphi hats if you win one:eusa_clap

BRING IT ON BABY! :rage: [bad] :whip:

UH34D

New in Town
A Sikorsky to be exact. Handlebar, how did you know that?

I'm in hopes that all the 7-3/8" ers will be all hatted up or at least have a little mercy and let this "hatless" person into the club. Sounds like a plan to me, what do you think?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
UH34D said:
A Sikorsky to be exact. Handlebar, how did you know that?

I'm in hopes that all the 7-3/8" ers will be all hatted up or at least have a little mercy and let this "hatless" person into the club. Sounds like a plan to me, what do you think?

As a 7 3/8's I like ya alreadylol lol
My Dad was a crew chief on those with President Johnson and then spent most of his time in Vietnam as crew chief on one. 46's also.

UH34D

New in Town
Well Handlebar, your Dad and I have something in common, although I never crewed for a president. Say Hi to him for me. HMM-363, RVN 67-68.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
UH34D said:
Well Handlebar, your Dad and I have something in common, although I never crewed for a president. Say Hi to him for me. HMM-363, RVN 67-68.

I sure will. I'm going off memory here, but aside from HMX-1, he was with HMM-361, HMM-164, HMM-163. He was ready to go to Vietnam he says, because he got tired to serving doggie treats to their doglol lol

UH34D

New in Town
He was one "Squared Away" type to get that kind of duty. Now, I on the other hand, well, thats another story for another day. The only other outfit I was with was HMM-162 out of New River, NC.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
UH34D said:
He was one "Squared Away" type to get that kind of duty. Now, I on the other hand, well, thats another story for another day. The only other outfit I was with was HMM-162 out of New River, NC.

I think all you guys were squared away in all the ways that define being a Man.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap And I would highly reccomend a Johnnyphi hat as your post count is getting up there. They are fantastic hats

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Thats my size, 7 3/8, and considered a little large. Not the most common and therefore, not the easiest to find vintage. However, no problems otherwise.

UH34D

New in Town
Bart, Thanks for the kind words. To all, thanks for the warm welcomes, looks to be a friendly place with a touch of good natured digging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S