Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of your jacket collection

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
So you're saying I'd have to mess up anyone addressing me De Niro style.
So you're saying I'd have to mess up anyone addressing me De Niro style.
talkin-to-me-you-talkin-to-me.gif

floater

New in Town
I’m just starting out and getting to know the better leather jacket brands, but these are what I currently have

IMG_5530.jpeg

Clockwise from top left:

- Julius (7), black overdyed light grey lambskin racer (looks black with burgandy undertones), made in japan

- M0851, olive vegetable/aniline cowhide racer, made in canada

- Guidi, really dark navy (almost black) overdyed brown oiled reverse horsehide unlined 3/4 length coat (looks black with hints of navy sheen in direct sunlight), made in italy

- M0851, brown vegetable/aniline cowhide racer, made in canada

- Junya Watanabe CdG-MAN x Vanson, black premium competition weight cowhide 5-zip racer, made in usa

- M0851, navy vegetable/drum cowhide bomber, made in canada

- The Flat Head, light camel deerskin western shacket

Last edited:

panigale

New in Town
I have more leather jackets than I have fingers, toes, and teeth combined.

I would hog up alot of band width posting my hoard here.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
That Guidi coat is something, who’s the maker? AFAIK Guidi has never made jackets, they stick to shoes, bags, belts and little else.

floater

New in Town
That Guidi coat is something, who’s the maker? AFAIK Guidi has never made jackets, they stick to shoes, bags, belts and little else.
I’m not sure tbh, the leather itself is outstanding, full grain on the flesh side and the reverse feels like a mix between waxy nubuck and oily suede, it’s supple and drapes well too

Craftsmanship is very good as well, stitching is straight, very dense with consistent spacing throughout, all panel joints are overlapped, folded and double stitched, the coat is basically reversible even though it wasn’t intended as such considering the guidi tag on the collar, the reversed lapel panels extend to cover the entire front of the coat on the inside with a nice side entry chest pocket

If I had to guess I would think perhaps it was done by Maurizio Amadei (ma+) or layer-o considering they’ve consistently done much of their stuff using guidi leathers and work very often with horse, then again who knows cuz other brands like ccp or Maurizio Altieri’s old carpe diem workshop have also done lots of work with guidi and also make them in italy

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve S