Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Mailman delivered another Champ Featherweight today.. My old one is more of an darker olive/ brown felt and olive ribbon... this ones is a lighter actual brown and brown ribbons. ( I was worried that they would turn out to be the same color....I didnt really need duplicates with my limited wall space lol) Now I have two to choose from. Should make a more complementary match some of the shirts.

Was well packaged and in really nice shape but needs just a bit of tickling on the stretcher and some work on a couple wavy brim spots. Im a big fan of the Featherweights

View attachment 642541

View attachment 642528 View attachment 642527

View attachment 642542
Nice hats...BOTH of 'em !!

Monte

Practically Family
50X beaver Custum Hufvud. Fits snug but good. It does have a heck of a substantial sweat inside so that probably accounts for the snugness...even though it's a 59.5. It is very soft, reminiscent of vintage felts I've handled. Overall really pleased. Any cons would be not a fulfilling snap to the brim. Hatbox was just a shipping one-off. Very nice hat! Great customer service I should add.

Monte

Practically Family
Pics.

Attachments

• 20240926_135001.jpg
    20240926_135001.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240926_134916.jpg
    20240926_134916.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240926_134914.jpg
    20240926_134914.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10

RickP

Practically Family
Mailman delivered another Champ Featherweight today.. My old one is more of an darker olive/ brown felt and olive ribbon... this ones is a lighter actual brown and brown ribbons. ( I was worried that they would turn out to be the same color....I didnt really need duplicates with my limited wall space lol) Now I have two to choose from. Should make a more complementary match some of the shirts.

Was well packaged and in really nice shape but needs just a bit of tickling on the stretcher and some work on a couple wavy brim spots. Im a big fan of the Featherweights

View attachment 642541

View attachment 642528 View attachment 642527

View attachment 642542
Little bit of steaming, and this little thing is telling me it wants a center dent instead of a c crown, and it wants to snap down in front and in back.... do that and the brims is perfect. snap up in back and brim is all wonky,,, Swept don brim it is! Ive learned to watch what the hat tells me and be prepared to NOT fight it lol. About 1/2 my hats are center dent anyway... no big deal

RickP

Practically Family
The new Featherweight brim behaves decently when its snapped down in front AND back. Centerdent behaves a lot better than trying to do a teardrop. I think im just going to brush some dust off and leave it alone.

Compress_20240926_181348_8673.jpg

Monte

Practically Family
This is the “Thundercolt revision” of The Dakota from Agnoulita Hat Company.

To start with; Agnoulita Hats runs a great company and was a pleasure to deal with them. They have an amazing website that shows the hats from multiple angles and gives all the dimensions (I wish other companies did that!). They are upfront about their pricing and delivery schedule and ordering online was easy, plus my hat arrived 2 weeks ahead of time.

The Dakota is what I would call a Western Fedora. It is made from rabbit felt that is more on par with a Fedora weight, than a Western weight, so it’s lighter and more comfortable to wear throughout the day. The felt and hat band colors shown on the website were exactly what I received. I was also kept up-to-date on the location of the hat during the shipping and clearing customs process. The quality of this hat is well above the price I paid and I am quite pleased with my new Agnoulita Hat!

As soon as I received it, I knew I had to start about restyling it to match my character. It came with a Cattleman’s crease and turned up brim, neither fit my style. I added some profile to the sides and dropped down the front of the brim. Then I went to town on that crease, turning it into more of an Arena style crease. Now it looks like MY hat :>)

View attachment 641168 View attachment 641169
Great shaping, and entire outfit looks sharp.

Monte

Practically Family
Just received my Stetson No. 1 Quality. I took the brush and some steam to it and got it into shape. It came with a cattleman crease and the brim was a little wonky.
View attachment 642387 View attachment 642388
View attachment 642392
I put in a center crease with some pinches and straightened out the brim a little. I like it much better this way.
View attachment 642389 View attachment 642390 View attachment 642391
Wow. That looks like a different hat. Amazing what some elbow grease, a brush, and some steam can accomplish!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust