Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TPD166

One Too Many
Dead-stock, never-worn, still in original box, brown 3X "Fortworth" hat, sold by Gammage's Western Wear in Moultrie, GA. Nothing in the hat or on the box to indicate who made the hat for the store.
FtWorth_1.jpg

FtWorth_1a.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Dead-stock, never-worn, still in original box, brown 3X "Fortworth" hat, sold by Gammage's Western Wear in Moultrie, GA. Nothing in the hat or on the box to indicate who made the hat for the store.
FtWorth_1.jpg

FtWorth_1a.jpg

Interesting hat. Especially the way they spelled Fort Worth. Does the box say 7 3/4 ?

TPD166

One Too Many
The writing on the box is hard to read, but it is 7-3/8, the same as the hat is marked in two places (size tag & re-order tag under the sweat). The color is fairly accurate in the pictures, but I cannot figure out what the color written on the box is supposed to be? It is in beautiful shape & the felt is very soft and fairly lightweight. I also thought the "Fortworth" name was interesting, but the crown is not a "Fort Worth" bash.

Interesting hat. Especially the way they spelled Fort Worth. Does the box say 7 3/4 ?

TPD166

One Too Many
Thanks. No change to the crease, but I did have to work on the brim for about an hour last night. I had to contend with reshaping 50-60 years of crown-down storage. I was please with how well it flattened out and took the re-shape.

Congratulations on that unusual score, TPD. You'll retain the crease, I assume? I've seen you wear others, and they suit you.

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
Picked this up on ebay a few nights ago, was advertised as possibly being a Fed III, but ended up being a Fed I. It has a non-dimensional 2.5" brim and a 5" or so crown bashed, 5.5" unbashed. I love this hat!

This is my second Akubra (I have a moonstone fed IV) and I think I've found my kicking around hat!

KGrHqFk0EzqzzGO5BQQjuSPoBw60_35.jpg

This was the photo taken from the sale, it has a tight Indiana Jones Pinch and center dent bash

IMG-20120910-01208.jpg

Here I changed the bash to a C-crown to compliment my head a little better, looks a little shorter and more square there

IMG-20120910-01207.jpg

Side view, I may get it re-flanged someday to give it a more dramatic curl in the back, but for now it'll do just dandy.

scooter

Practically Family
So I went for a ride with SWMBO today and she talked me into visiting a vintage shop with her. I perused the goods and saw nothing of interest. While she was continuing doing what "they" do, I stepped to the counter to chat up the shopkeeper. Lo and behold, look what she was holding, having just purchased them earlier today, and had not even priced them yet.

Stetson Royal Deluxe, size 7 1/2
IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

Borsalino Allesandria, size 7 3/8
IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

and the bows
IMG_0648.JPG

The Borso probably needs a little TLC. The sweat stitching is loose in a couple spots and the brim is a little wonky, but nothing that can't be easily remedied.

scooter

Practically Family
Nope, Randooch, I asked how much, she gave me a price, I said, I'll give you this, she said OK.

Oh yeah, nice Mode edge Sovereign, Seabass!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe