Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Recently arrived Dobbs 20 from Lounge member indyguy.

Nice tall straight crown, Cav edge to the brim, great felt (just one moth divot) - this is my kind of hat! Thank you Chris.

smugshot1572719-L.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab

Nice tall straight crown, Cav edge to the brim, great felt (just one moth divot) - this is my kind of hat! Thank you Chris.

smugshot1572719-L.jpg

Ahh... so YOU got the TWENTY. Bravo, nice catch! I just received a beautiful TWENTY "clone". It's a Saks Fifth Avenue; same color, ribbon, and smooooth CAV edge. Been wanting a really nice grey everyday fedora; I absolutely LOVE IT!!!

SFA1.jpg

saksangle.jpg

saksleft.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic, AnA! The two hats could be twins!

I know it! I was drooling over that TWENTY when it went on the classifieds, but I just couldn't afford it. One of the fellow members offered me the Saks for a great deal, so I am very happy! :) I steamed it last night; the felt has stiffened up a tad to hold the pinch and brim. This will go down in the history books!

Wear it in good health, David! Cheers! :thumb:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

smugshot1572719-L.jpg

The profound jump from light color hat feltbody to the darker ribbon really makes such a good difference for that hat, wow, really darn nice.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Daniel. I've had very good luck finding nice hats, here in the Classifieds.

I too like the colours of this Dobbs - simple grey and black is often hard to beat. As you'll have discovered yourself, a little steam and brushing really brings out the best in these vintage felts as well.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Bought one of the new Panama from Delmonico's Hatter last week. I had them reflange it as a snap brim and wore it today. Finally a sunny day.
PanOptfronton.jpg

PanOptangleon.jpg

PanOptside.jpg

PanOptinside.jpg

I've wanted an Optima crown Panama for a while. It has a big 3inch brim which is great for me since I spend a lot of time at the beach in the summer.

On a side note Mr Delmonico and I talked some more and starting in July I will be working in the store. Doesn't not get much better for a hat lover. I've been buying from the Delmonico's since 1981 and they are a great family. Looking forward to learning more and more.

Jeff

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
You sir are a lucky man...to be able to work at something you love,

Here is wishing you many years of happiness there ... and oh yeah, you had better build another room on cause you will probably be able to buy at a discount now.....LOL

tealseal

A-List Customer
@:Jedwbpm: Nice panama! Good luck with the job. I hope it proves to be an enlightening and rewarding experience for you.

@GoldenEraFan: That's a swell Adam! Nice find.

All the best to you all.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Bought one of the new Panama from Delmonico's Hatter last week. I had them reflange it as a snap brim and wore it today. Finally a sunny day.
PanOptfronton.jpg

PanOptangleon.jpg

PanOptside.jpg

PanOptinside.jpg

I've wanted an Optima crown Panama for a while. It has a big 3inch brim which is great for me since I spend a lot of time at the beach in the summer.

On a side note Mr Delmonico and I talked some more and starting in July I will be working in the store. Doesn't not get much better for a hat lover. I've been buying from the Delmonico's since 1981 and they are a great family. Looking forward to learning more and more.

Jeff

Man that is like having a dream come true to work at a hat store....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter