Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
What an amazing score you got while over in Italy. Congratulations once again. The hats are magnificent! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
European backlog trio

P. Mathies Melon
5120683267_3953c54f89_z.jpg

Borsalino "Sprint"
5120694697_76ddc10a26_z.jpg

German Market Borsalino
5120676903_d2e1b42e2d_z.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
What an amazing score you got while over in Italy. Congratulations once again. The hats are magnificent! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks, DRB!

I posted this the day I found it in Venezia but what the heck. In a tiny vintage shop that we stumbled upon while lost (I feel you're always lost in Venezia. But it's a nice way of being lost anyway) Box, hat and the "shape keeper" (it's not a stretcher as it only opens to the diameter of this hat... or any 7 1/4 I suppose) Better pictures of it, including inside in the Borsalino brotherhood thread.

7fa82237.jpg

Last edited:

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
And now one from the bargain bin. $4.99 on eBay. 60's(?) Andhurst stingy brim. I'm guessing Andhurst was either a dept. store or a regional clothing brand.

The felt is worn to a tiny hole at the front pinch and very thin at the back. A little hot glue and some first-aid gauze on the inside, and it should last another lifetime. With a little manipulation, you can't even see the damage at the front. Not something I would do with an expensive hat, but with a beater, why not?

I's beat up, crumpled and stained, but it does have character. I may wind up wearing this more than I do my Akubras or Stetson. ;)

I recall Andhurst as the store brand for the old Leggett department stores in Virginia. They were connected in some way to the Belk chain in the Carolinas; along the Va/NC border the stores were called Leggett-Belk. The Leggett part was eventually absorbed by Belk; I'm not sure if they still use the Andhurst house label.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, DRB!

I posted this the day I found it in Venezia but what the heck. In a tiny vintage shop that we stumbled upon while lost (I feel you're always lost in Venezia. But it's a nice way of being lost anyway) Box, hat and the "shape keeper" (it's not a stretcher as it only opens to the diameter of this hat... or any 7 1/4 I suppose) Better pictures of it, including inside in the Borsalino brotherhood thread.

7fa82237.jpg
That "shape keeper" is very cool. I have only seen stretchers.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is the Penney's Marathon I received yesterday from LocktownDog. It's really a cool hat.
a32e3a05.jpg
8e0ef20d.jpg

d4bb6b84.jpg
b2d3e225.jpg

I spent a decent amount of time with a brush and sponge on it and reshaped it but that's it so far. The sweat band needs some work but I'm not there yet. It's marked as a 7 1/4 but fits my 7 3/8 spot on. It may be a little small if I put a new sweat in it versus trying to restitch the one thats in it. The existing one is very thin. It's a neat hat. Thanks LocktownDog!

Adcurium

A-List Customer
RLK:

This is kind of awkward... umm... maybe asking this is like asking a woman her age... or how much she weighs... so if I shouldn't be asking this question, please forgive me and pretend I never asked...

Here goes...

How many hats do you have? It seems like you get a new lid every day!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
RLK:

This is kind of awkward... umm... maybe asking this is like asking a woman her age... or how much she weighs... so if I shouldn't be asking this question, please forgive me and pretend I never asked...

Here goes...

How many hats do you have? It seems like you get a new lid every day!

I stopped counting some time ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe