Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jwalls

Vendor
Garrett; I believe Douglas, JtL, and you are trying to buy up every hat in the country. Good looking hat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jwalls said:
Garrett; I believe Douglas, JtL, and you are trying to buy up every hat in the country. Good looking hat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

With comments like that, you're going to incur the wrath of Buler. lol

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Don't forget Sue...it seems like she has a new acquisition posted daily and they're not just any old hat but great looking hats. I'm sure glad we don't wear the same size!!!

Wegener Homburg

Wegener Homburg, Dark Blue. Very nice dark blue felt that is especially pliable for a Homburg (similar to Borsalino Homburgs). I am thinking early 1950s but it could be older (very early 40s?).

4077709721_ab57752f17_b.jpg

4077709837_cc329405e4_b.jpg

4077710295_c3b81d1cd4_b.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Wegener Homburg, Dark Blue. Very nice dark blue felt that is especially pliable for a Homburg (similar to Borsalino Homburgs). I am thinking early 1950s but it could be older (very early 40s?).

4077709721_ab57752f17_b.jpg

Fabulous, mayservegener! That dark blue is so elegant! (I'm also a sucker for men in midnight blue tuxedos. My husband has one that's to die for.)

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
redhawks2 said:
Don't forget Sue...it seems like she has a new acquisition posted daily and they're not just any old hat but great looking hats. I'm sure glad we don't wear the same size!!!

I think if about 7-8 loungers got together, they could create an incredible hat museum - a virtual one if nothing else.

billysmom said:
Fabulous, mayservegener! That dark blue is so elegant! (I'm also a sucker for men in midnight blue tuxedos. My husband has one that's to die for.)

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Thanks Sue! I really like the dark blue too. This was a $12.00 mystery hat so nice surprise.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
1940's Mallory Ten Cravenette

My new Mallory Ten Cravenette arrived today. They charged me another $32 at the customs, making for a total of $188. Well, never mind...

The hat came in a Mallory box and is a real beauty in absolutely mint condition. I believe it has never been worn before. I just gave it a brushing and creased it to my hearts content.

The main color is a deep charcoal gray with a slightly lighter edge binding, the ribbon has some kind of maroon/magenta color.

Crown: 4 3/4" (creased)
Brim: 2 3/4"
Ribbon 1 5/8"
Binding 1/2"

Mallory-Ten-Cravenette.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Mario said:
My new Mallory Ten Cravenette arrived today. They charged me another $32 at the customs, making for a total of $188. Well, never mind...

The hat came in a Mallory box and is a real beauty in absolutely mind condition. I believe it has never been worn before. I just gave it a brushing and creased it to my hearts content. The main color is a dark charcoal gray with a slightly lighter edge binding, the ribbon has some kind of maroon/magenta color.

Crown: 5 3/4" (creased)
Ribbon 1 5/8"
Binding 1/2"

Magnificent! Let me know if you ever have buyer's remorse.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Mario said:

The hat came in a Mallory box and is a real beauty in absolutely mind condition. I believe it has never been worn before. I just gave it a brushing and creased it to my hearts content.

The main color is a deep charcoal gray with a slightly lighter edge binding, the ribbon has some kind of maroon/magenta color.

Crown: 5 3/4" (creased)
Ribbon 1 5/8"
Binding 1/2"

Wow that is such a beauty! :eusa_clap

By the way what is the situation with German customs? I have had customs issues here in the US when retail shops send stuff from Europe but never with eBay.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Mario said:
Yes, its is - and I'm very happy with it. I think I'm going to sleep in that hat tonight! :eek: ;)

Like in: get a new crease overnight? :D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sy524ZjzwTs&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sy524ZjzwTs&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Great hat! Schame, that such beauties are scarce in 7 3/8 :(

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mario said:

Customs are a pain in the neck.. but wearing that beauty must relieve you somewhat yes? Congratulations Mario :eusa_clap

RobStC

A-List Customer
Mario said:

Mario: Well, what can I add to what has already been said about this one?

Really, really nice :eusa_clap !!! And yes, I agree, it would be worth every penny (pfennig?), and more.....

Another sharp (in all senses of the word) diamond bash on a great looking hat.
Congratulations, and now lets see some pictures of it on your head :p

Rob StC

(Oops, should have looked in the 'What hat are you wearing today?' thread before sending this! Duh.....)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe