Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RBH

Bartender
texashatman said:
After years of western hats and many straw fedoras I finally broke down and bought a "real" hat! It's a Stetson Temple Sovereign in Caribou. I love it. I can see myself starting to be bidding competition on the 7 3/8 and 7 1/2's online;)
036.jpg
Welcome to the Lounge!
The Stetson looks great on you!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Ordered a `work` hat from Bencraft, arrived this week...thought this would go well with a suit and winter coat (camel)...

October2009007.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Disney "Finnegan Twist"

4059760700_92542675ba_b.jpg
4059017117_004718376c_o.jpg

Very blue and generously proportioned. No damages, but was in its box flat on the brim with the core on top flattening it so brim is now unflanged. Much dust was brushed off. More later in Disney Diner thread.

billysmom

One Too Many
texashatman said:
After years of western hats and many straw fedoras I finally broke down and bought a "real" hat! It's a Stetson Temple Sovereign in Caribou. I love it. I can see myself starting to be bidding competition on the 7 3/8 and 7 1/2's online;)
036.jpg

Oh, Texashatman! Speaking from personal experience, you are now in deep doo-doo. Enjoy it.

Looks fantastic on you, by the way! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
3 Homburg Day

As proof of my insanity, I offer you the three Homburgs that arrived on my doorstep today from eBay:

3-Homburgs2.jpg

3-Homburgs.jpg

Each is quite distinct from the others. The brown one's an Adam executive quality, the intact one's from "National Hat Stores" Chicago and Milwaukee, and the last one's a very old velour with "Lindquist Lilly" stamped on the detached sweatband.

I love them all!!!!!! And they're not even fedoras! :eek: :rolleyes: lol

More on each in separate posts. You'll find the Adam at Adam Alley.

Sue

billysmom

One Too Many
National Hat Stores Homburg

I assume that this was made as a private label hat, but maybe not.

This was the only image on the eBay auction link, but the price was right so I gambled:

October27afternoon.jpg

Here it is out of the box:

DSCF1551.jpg

DSCF1553.jpg

DSCF1557.jpg

DSCF1555.jpg

DSCF1552.jpg

And after a bit of steam:

DSCF1565.jpg

The felt's very soft compared to other Homburgs I have. Much more like a lightweight fedora. No wear to speak of to the felt. The lovely piped blue liner has seen some use. The sweat's soft and supple. The dimensions are:

Brim:2 1/2"
Sweat: 2" unreeded, sewn seam
Crown: 5" uncreased

This one molds to my noggin as if made for it!

Sue

billysmom

One Too Many
Old Hairy Hat: Lindquist Lilly

This one I wasn't quite sure of, but again the price was right:

DSCF1559.jpg

The first thing to go was the feathered pug:

DSCF1563.jpg

Close up of the bow:

DSCF1560.jpg

The inside:

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

And the sweat:

DSCF1566.jpg

DSCF1568.jpg

DSCF1567.jpg

The velour's in great shape! The ribbon needs brushing and a tack or two. It will go to Peters Bros tomorrow for a liner and sweat.

I'd love to know where this one's been! That's one of the fascinations of these vintage lids! :D

Sue

cookie

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
This one I wasn't quite sure of, but again the price was right:

DSCF1559.jpg

The first thing to go was the feathered pug:

DSCF1563.jpg

Close up of the bow:

DSCF1560.jpg

The inside:

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

And the sweat:

DSCF1566.jpg

DSCF1568.jpg

DSCF1567.jpg

The velour's in great shape! The ribbon needs brushing and a tack or two. It will go to Peters Bros tomorrow for a liner and sweat.

I'd love to know where this one's been! That's one of the fascinations of these vintage lids! :D

Sue

Sue that copperplate font/serif looks 1920s-early 30s to me....

AlphaP

New in Town
Well, well, back into action: I scored my fifth* hat today. A panama! Since summer is so close and due to unexpected circumstances (had to spend a lot of time on the streets and the sun was seriously starting to hurt my skin, not only that: they had the bright idea of handing me tasks across the city right at this moment), I ended up buying this little (ok, not so little: size is 59cm) one to help me cope with the increasing heat/merciless sun. It's a Lagomarsino hat:

(overview)

(inside)

(ribbon and the silly pack of feathers I asked to put there... might tone it down later but they looked damn cool under the sun!)

I simply love it. It's light, the sweatband does its purpose and, overall, my head is no longer on fire due to sun exposure. It's something I've been suffering for years but, well, I was little and I had no idea where to actually get hats until I got a proper job and began scouting the city for the stores.

After trying a couple of sizes, the hat store owner (an almost 98 year old gentleman!) was really happy with the final choice and exclaimed: "Use it with pride! The panama is the perfect ally of a gentleman in summer." I was using one of my work suits, a dark blue suit with soft, almost unnoticeable, stripes. It is quite "gangsta" according to some people, especially because I use a straight fold pocket square, which seems to increase that sensation. The panama complemented the suit quite nicely.

It's definitely becoming my permanent companion throughout summer.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Pedigreed Thoroughbred

This dusty brown Pedigreed needs another clean but I thought I'd post it in the meantime.
We don't seem to know much about Pedigree hats and this one contains no lables (other than the logos) to assist with information. What I can say is that the brand name appears to be 'Pedigreed', with the 'd' on the end. The motto reads:"A hat with a pedigree; a hat with a guarantee" - but the brand is stated as 'Pedigreed'.

Proportions:

Brim: 2 1/2"
Crown: 5" open
Sweat: 1 1/2"
Hat band: 1 6/8
Binding (matching hatband): 3/8"
Retailer: New York Hat Store, Los Angeles

The felt is very good quality, quite thick and firm. The sweatband on this one was crumbling when it arrived and had dried out so much it could not be touched without damaging it. A few days of leather conditioning has softened it enough to allow me to pull it up and have a look underneath (nothing there). It will need another treatment and will never be supple, but at least it didn't crack.

Does anyone know anything about this brand?

SDC10312.jpg
SDC10313.jpg
SDC10323.jpg
SDC10320.jpg
SDC10321.jpg

It's Saturday and I'm not dressing up for anyone - so here's me being casual in the Pedigreed just to give an indication of proportions.

SDC10318.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
texashatman said:
036.jpg

You have good taste, texashatman. I'm relieved to hear that you are not a 7 1/4!

Now, hmmm... hmmm...

Loose the feather... unless, of course you're a bird hunter, then by all means go out and get some feathers :D .

cookie

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
Thanks, Cookie. Is anyone in the market for a Pheathered Pug? Will ship internationally ... Free to a good home.

Sue

Those are still made in Honolulu and they sell them there and in Sydney attached to Panama hats from Honolulu Hat Co.

texashatman said:
I can see myself starting to be bidding competition on the 7 3/8 and 7 1/2's online;)

No need to bother...they're all spoken for....lol lol :D ;)

Spats McGee

One Too Many
texashatman said:
036.jpg
I like it. That's a good look for you, texashatman. :eusa_clap

But there's nothing to see in 7 3/8 - 7 1/2 . . . honest. . . don't bother looking. :rolleyes:

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Ephraim Tutt said:
Does anyone know anything about this brand?

/SDC10318.jpg[/IMG]

I have a hat box for that brand, came with a different brand hat. Its a red and square with a neat gold and black label. I'll post some pictures of it.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Double Mint

These two were waiting for me when I arrived home tonight.

A Whippet and a Mallory.

hpim1751.jpg

It's getting harder to find Koober Money.

:D . :D :D

Scott Wood

Practically Family
High Pockets said:
lol lol ROTFLMAO!!!!lol lol

I, like you, are very interested in the naptha bath. I could save a lot of money by doing this myself instead of shipping hats clear across the country to have someone else do it.

I have gallons of Naptha around here and always thought: "can't be as simple as bathing it in Naptha, pffftttt!!!"
Slightly humbled I scrub my washbasin...:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe