Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Tooch, Billy and Aureliano; all very good looking fedoras you guys hauled in.

---------------------

Hey Aureliano, I'm looking forward to seeing you participate more fully here. I always enjoy your posts and it'll be more like I've met you. Just make sure you're comfortable with the call, and know that everyone is welcome to stretch their legs here if they want.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
wrong picture...

just noticed I posted the wrong picture of the foldaway rolled inside the tube. I corrected it but just in case, here it is again.

DSC04124.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aureliano said:
Hmm... I've never posted a noggin shot before... I'm sort of shy and afraid:eek: :(

Hey now, if a non-photogenic guy like me can post pics, you surely have nothing to worry about. When I put up my first one, I got no reports of a single computer being blown up. Jump on in, the water's fine here!:cheers1:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Pictures...

Gene, chanteuseCarey, RBH, Bobc, Mr. Paladin and HighPockets, thank you all for the encouragement. I'm a bit of a private fellow when it comes to my pictures but what the heck(also, my wife always says that I put a "mafia" face when I'm being phographed... you think so?). You're all a great gang and I'm happy to share this two shots with you.
First one with my new Foldaway:
DSC04135.jpg

The next one with my lovely wife and my Guerra 1855 "Fellini":

DSC03919.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There ya go, A. Both are nice looking lids. The roll up interests me as I'd like to have a nice looking more packable fedora for trips. All the airlines want to limit carry ons and charge for extra luggage these days.

Thanks for the pics.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob,
I'm liking the Foldaway a lot. It looks casual but a t the same time is very sharp looking. When I travel I always took my rollable borsalino (you can see it on the "rolled up" thread of Matt Deckard, it has a nice snap thing to keep the cone nice and tight) but it needed a break and a friend to take over his job fom time to time.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Aureliano, you're lookin' GORGEOUS and very handsome wearing these great hats in these pics! So what was all the shy stuff about?? Glad to see your mug at last. Your wife is very pretty, does she have a hat collection too??

Aureliano said:
Gene, chanteuseCarey, RBH, Bobc, Mr. Paladin and HighPockets, thank you all for the encouragement. I'm a bit of a private fellow when it comes to my pictures but what the heck(also, my wife always says that I put a "mafia" face when I'm being phographed... you think so?). You're all a great gang and I'm happy to share this two shots with you.
First one with my new Foldaway:
DSC04135.jpg

The next one with my lovely wife and my Guerra 1855 "Fellini":

DSC03919.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Stetson Playboy finally arrived!

After a wait of almost two months (! :eek: !).. my Stetson Playboy arrived!! I'm the happiest man alive!! What a hat, it was probably never worn, making it a NOS 7 1/2, can you believe that!? The felt is so soft and pliable, I creased and uncreased it about 20 times without leaving marks, amazing. The colour is a moccha-brown, so I expect the obvious Indy-remarks on the street.. but.... WHO CARES!! I have a vintage Playboy!! Did I allready mention that I'm the happiest man alive?..it was worth the wait. I almost gave up on it, considering it a loss.. I'm so happy!! :D :D :D :p

IMG_2289.jpg
IMG_2298.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_2302.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Aureliano, your'e GORGEOUS and very handsome wearing these great hats in these pics! So what was all the shy stuff about?? Glad to see your mug at last. Your wife is very pretty, does she have a hat collection too??

Thank you Carey. Those are VERY kind words. Thank you so much. (I've never been called gorgeous before! :eek:) My wife is indeed very pretty, and supportive of my love of hats. Her only issue is space. Living in Manhattan, in a one bedroom apt. Leaves us with very tiny closet space. Mine is full of hat boxes! She doesn't wear hats, ever. She thinks she doesn't look good on them but I disagree.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
After a wait of almost two months (! :eek: !).. my Stetson Playboy arrived!! I'm the happiest man alive!! What a hat, it was probably never worn, making it a NOS 7 1/2, can you believe that!? The felt is so soft and pliable, I creased and uncreased it about 20 times without leaving marks, amazing. The colour is a moccha-brown, so I expect the obvious Indy-remarks on the street.. but.... WHO CARES!! I have a vintage Playboy!! Did I allready mention that I'm the happiest man alive?..it was worth the wait. I almost gave up on it, considering it a loss.. I'm so happy!! :D :D :D :p

Beautiful man! congrats!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
I'm so happy!! :D :D :D :p

[/IMG]
IMG_2298.jpg

THAT'S what it's all about, now isn't it!?! I am getting the biggest charge outta' how thrilled you are to own one of those. They are special hats, you wear yours well and you obviously appreciate it properly. Congrats and a half!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe