Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chiliarches said:
Kind of a greyish tan color...very thin, soft felt. Big old crown. The spot on the top of the crown was my doing..50+ years of storage, and after two days of ownership, I stain it. Gah!
100_1346.jpg
[/IMG]

Seriously, Chili--hats suit you very well; that one is great! The stain doesn't look too glaring in the photo but that is always subjective I suppose.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Bob, Mr.P, IC, JTL.
Chil, Good looking hat and a nice brim width for you. I just used an enzyme cleaner pen from "Sun & Earth" after testing on some felt samples Art sent and it did a very nice job getting out an old stain and nothing else.
Tom D.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Chiliarches said:
Kind of a greyish tan color...very thin, soft felt. Big old crown. The spot on the top of the crown was my doing..50+ years of storage, and after two days of ownership, I stain it. Gah!

100_1346.jpg
[/IMG]

Ohw my god.. man.. you have some serious lids that look amazing on you!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Eduardo Arnau Spanish Hat from France(pocketable apparently)

A scary package:
3814904497_ba7957afff.jpg

I hope it can fold safely:
3814904777_579c081f6c.jpg

Springs back!
3815716528_5fe7a05649_b.jpg

3814906279_6eb33a1b57.jpg
3815716712_36a35bc892.jpg

3814905015_13e7ec528c.jpg
3814905397_a397ce0c70.jpg
3815716330_33924553b4.jpg
3-1/2" high crown and 2" brim.

billysmom

One Too Many
Color shifter!

More posted in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread. I bought this as my first bashable lid even though the color didn't thrill me, but @<$20 what the heck:
TBEBAY.jpg

It arrived today and I must be living right because it's a wonderful color to coordinate with my winter wardrobe!
TB2-1.jpg

And here's my very first attempt at bashing/mashing/whatever:
TB6.jpg

It's a forgiving creature and appears willing to assume whatever configuration I put it in. :)

I am well and truly hooked ....

Sue

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
More posted in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread. I bought this as my first bashable lid even though the color didn't thrill me, but @<$20 what the heck:
TBEBAY.jpg

It arrived today and I must be living right because it's a wonderful color to coordinate with my winter wardrobe!
TB2-1.jpg

And here's my very first attempt at bashing/mashing/whatever:
TB6.jpg

It's a forgiving creature and appears willing to assume whatever configuration I put it in. :)

I am well and truly hooked ....

Sue

So now you're a Borsalino Brother -- uh, Sister -- I mean, nice hat! :D

That is a real beauty. Thanks for the photos. Looks like one of the Trionfos to me. They remind me of Stetson's Playboy (or the other way around maybe [huh] ). You did a super job 'CREASING' it. ;)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This new lid arrived at our house on Monday. It's one of the nicest I've caught yet. The felt is incredibly smooth, soft and dense...makes my 3X OR's feel like sandpaper.

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

A special hat deserves a special crease, so I asked Jimmy to work his magic on it. He agreed. Thank you, friend. ;) I'll post the after pics later, but I just couldn't wait to post this one.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
BobC said:
This new lid arrived at our house on Monday. It's one of the nicest I've caught yet. The felt is incredibly smooth, soft and dense...makes my 3X OR's feel like sandpaper.

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

A special hat deserves a special crease, so I asked Jimmy to work his magic on it. He agreed. Thank you, friend. ;) I'll post the after pics later, but I just couldn't wait to post this one.
Great hat...!

You gonna trim the brim?;) Just kidding Gene....

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday, my Mallory Ten Pliafelt arrived!! It came uncreased in a neat little Mallory box and is a 6 7/8. Crown height (open) is about 5 3/8", brim width is 3 3/4" and the black ribbon is 1 5/8" wide. The felt is just amazing. Made me want to sleep in it (sit down, I didn't!). There are a few moth nibbles on the brim (top and bottom) and a few spots here and there, but sponge and brush helped to remedy most of this. Then there is some nasty green residue that seeped through the felt from some stuff that had been applied to the back of the sweatband. It showed up on the bottom and the top of the brim. I managed to get rid of the stuff on the sweat by using some lighter fuel (most of the discoloration on the brim went as well), but I'm still going to give the hat a good Naptha bath later today or tomorrow (I'll have to be careful here, though, as the sweatband is a little bit stiff at the back).

For now, I put in a simple center dent to keep the reverse taper.

Someone here daring to date the hat based on the images?

Lest I forget: I really have to thank mayserwegener for shipping the hat over to Germany (the seller wouldn't ship outside the US)!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

'Nuff said. Here is the hat (it's actually slighty darker than it appears to be in the photos):

Mallory-Ten-Pliafelt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe