Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't resist not buying this one. It has Danish, English, and USA connections that I'm trying to track down. Will post more once I know more. View attachment 410225 View attachment 410226 View attachment 410227
Had a wonderful few hat nerd hours finally finding info on this one.

Check the Toppers Unite thread for more

20220323_151234.jpg 20220323_151708.jpg

Aww, nuts. Here I was thinking, "Oh, good, he found something in his size that looks good on him." :(

Thanks for the commensuration, Al. I’m still undecided on trying to stretch it up a half size…I haven’t had much luck doing this in the past.

And don’t think I missed that you said a hat with a cattleman’s/toaster crease looked good! :)

Here's a new one.
Berteil homburg in grey colour called 'abbey' on the label. Size 55 with the bound brim at 5cm and the crown at 10,5 cm at the center dent. Quite modest proportions for a homburg, which has me thinking it is a bit later one, likely early to mid sixties. The liner is different from the usual Berteil liner logo as well. Sold to me as a size 56, so not too pleased it turned out to be a size smaller, but I'll keep it anyway (it's on the stretcher).
The sweatband states "importé d'Angleterre" (imported from England) and in fact I know who the manufacturer was. It was made by Moores, because they used both the more square labels and the cloth size labels. Berteil used only the best manufacturers, so it is a testimony to the quality Moores could provide that Berteil chose them.

berteil moores_01.jpg
berteil moores_02.jpg
berteil moores_03.jpg
berteil moores_04.jpg
berteil moores_06.jpg
berteil moores_07.jpg
berteil moores_08.jpg
berteil moores_09.jpg
berteil moores_10.jpg
berteil moores_11.jpg

From a homburg with modest proportions to one with an imposing presence.
Mossant homburg in dark brown colour, called "angola" on the label. Unlined in a size 57 with the bound brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Sweatband is unusual on this one, because it is both textured (we see this on older hats) and has a thin coating of felt on the inside, which I have not seen before. I'm thinking this is forties, but could be slightly older. It has some battle scars, but because of the colour they're hardly noticeable in real life.

mossant angola_01.jpg
mossant angola_02.jpg
mossant angola_03.jpg
mossant angola_04.jpg
mossant angola_06.jpg
mossant angola_07.jpg
mossant angola_08.jpg
mossant angola_09.jpg
mossant angola_11.jpg
mossant angola_12.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Here's a new one.
Berteil homburg in grey colour called 'abbey' on the label. Size 55 with the bound brim at 5cm and the crown at 10,5 cm at the center dent. Quite modest proportions for a homburg, which has me thinking it is a bit later one, likely early to mid sixties. The liner is different from the usual Berteil liner logo as well. Sold to me as a size 56, so not too pleased it turned out to be a size smaller, but I'll keep it anyway (it's on the stretcher).
The sweatband states "importé d'Angleterre" (imported from England) and in fact I know who the manufacturer was. It was made by Moores, because they used both the more square labels and the cloth size labels. Berteil used only the best manufacturers, so it is a testimony to the quality Moores could provide that Berteil chose them.

View attachment 413166 View attachment 413167 View attachment 413168 View attachment 413169 View attachment 413170 View attachment 413171 View attachment 413172 View attachment 413173 View attachment 413174 View attachment 413175
Wonderful looking Homburg, Stefan. Manchester win again. If only the size was right. Hope you can stretch it.

Jaxon Hats "Golden Hill" Raffia Straw that I mentioned in a thread or two:

hhmEkGG.jpg

A lightweight and relatively inexpensive straw hat that's extremely comfortable. Initially it came with a Center Dent crease (left), but I changed that to a Teardrop (right):

GcOSCAf.jpg

Just a goofy, fun hat that I like more than I thought I would. :cool:
Nice addition for summer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe