Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New Panama

Brown_Panama_front.jpg

Brown_Panama_rear.jpg

Brown_Panama_R.jpg

Brown_Panama_L.jpg

Brown_Panama_Indide.jpg

Butt ugly pug, but I'll switch that out. Nice high crown with a loose weave that will hopefully vent well, a lovely color & a perfect fit for only forty clams + shipping. It has a bit of a brim issue (lack of "swoop") but I'll soon straighten (warp?) that out & post a photo w/ it on my bean.

Mr. Paladin

Welcome to the Lounge, Daliz. Nice beginning to your soon to be growing collection!

J1-Nice looking hat there. I like the look of the optimo crowns with a nice wide brim.

Rick, those brown straws have a nice look about them; sort of an aged patina or something I guess, but I like the look.

Rick Blaine

billyspew said:
I've been looking at one of these, let us now how it is.

I have found it highly satisfactory, though have as yet worn it very little as yet. It has a sewn, not backwoven brim, as the PB Indy brown does, denoting it as perhaps, I think, a slightly lesser quality product than what PB offers. The crown is a skosh higher & the weave a mite looser than the PB giving it maybe a bit more air circulation to the top of your head. A nice leather sweat. Shipping was swift. Crease is a bit uneven, but that doesn't bother me a bit as I too am a bit asymmetrical. lol

PBs' Indy, though, has a certain something. When you put it on you head the brim bends just so and it simply feels right. I have not seen him with the "Indiana" model this year, tho' he has several coco colored beauties up there, they are not quite the same. Of the 3 PBs' I have and one I gave to my Dad, the Indy is my favorite.

Goose.

Practically Family
Old news for many of you. New for me. So happy I could spit.

Akubra Federation III Carbon Grey. Just in less than an hour ago.

Thinking my Dark Brown Fed has just been kicked off the island. This seems like the ONE lid that I would have that would be with Mary Ann and I on the isle.

Same camera, same room lighting...interesting the color perception of the pics.

542554577_fuFcM-S-1.jpg
542570957_oDSsQ-M.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I posted this hat a little while back, I got it free from Panama Bob's newsletter. I decided to see what it would look like with a different ribbon.

Before
GEDC0683-1.jpg

After

GEDC0712-1.jpg

GEDC0714-1.jpg

GEDC0711-1.jpg

GEDC0710-1.jpg

Improved or ruined?

carter

I'll Lock Up
Goose, That Fed III looks terrific.

IC, The color of the new ribbon is ok but it needs to be a wider ribbon IMHO. Perhaps a puggaree?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:
Old news for many of you. New for me. So happy I could spit.

Akubra Federation III Carbon Grey. Just in less than an hour ago.

Thinking my Dark Brown Fed has just been kicked off the island. This seems like the ONE lid that I would have that would be with Mary Ann and I on the isle.

Same camera, same room lighting...interesting the color perception of the pics.

542570957_oDSsQ-M.jpg
[/center]

I'll tell ya, Goose, that new carbon looks perfect on you. I've been thinking about a carbon for myself, and Im being pushed further in that direction. :D

By the way, its a Fed III (typo?) or IV?? If its a III, what made you decide to go for it instead of the IV?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:

At least keep the Dark Brown Fed around in case Ginger shows up...:D

The new lid looks great on you, Goose. Congrats!

Cheers,
JtL

Goose.

Practically Family
HA HA ScottyRocks! I was grillin' burgers, in my spiffy lid, and thought "SHEET!!! I better get back online!!!" It is a Fed IV. Standard. Sucks being stupid.

Hey Indy Cop, JtL, Carter...thanks! Just when I'm thinking "Campdraft" w/ the thin ribbon ;) But you are right IC..the ribbon being a 1/4" - 1/2" wider would be too cool for school.

Jimmy, I will indeed keep the Brown for Ginger. This one just has that "new car smell". But I do REALLY like the Carbon.

Cracked up about IC looking "meaner". That's like asking for an egg to be "extra" hard boiled. Hard boiled doesn't get harder. :)

Chinaski

One Too Many
Goose, which picture best represents the "true color" of your Fed IV? The lighter looking photo or the darker one? I see the Deluxe doesn't come in carbon gray, so it's Imperial. Did you get it at Hats Direct? Looks great on ya.

Goose.

Practically Family
Hey Chinaski...
Truer to the Fed on my head. Darker. Been trying to think what could cause the diff. As stated, same camera, flash, and pics taken within 10-15 minutes of each other. Only thing I can think of is that the lighter pic is a bit closer to the window, so maybe the flash/exposure adjusted.

Bottom line is that the darker is pretty dead on. I will take more pics in the AM when the big orange ball rises in the sky. Maybe some outside and post 'em in a Fed IV thread. :)

Oh yeah, and from Hats Direct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az