Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Torpedo

One Too Many
BobC, Gilgamak:

I was perusing Miller's website myself, but, unfortunately, they do not offer alternative views of the featured hats, and the 3/4 slanted angle they show can be misleading. I was looking for a milan straw with the characteristics of a Golden era hat, specially wanting to avoid a tapered and low crown.

Would you say the hats you have shown respond to this?

Regards!

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
Torpedo said:
BobC, Gilgamak:

I was perusing Miller's website myself, but, unfortunately, they do not offer alternative views of the featured hats, and the 3/4 slanted angle they show can be misleading. I was looking for a milan straw with the characteristics of a Golden era hat, specially wanting to avoid a tapered and low crown.

Regards!

Yes, definitely. No. 73 - the milan teardrop is high-crowned without taper. Definitely has the classic fedora feel to it.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
BobC, Gilgamak:

Regards!

I think the 73 or one of the hats on that page would meet your requirements, Torp. There may be a bit of taper in the crowns but not much. And the crowns are tall enough for me. I don't like the top of my hat to touch the top of my head, and this milan doesn't and still sits where I want a hat to sit.

Mr. Paladin

Barlesoni homburg:

Sundayhats010.jpg

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Not-Bogart13 said:
My latest acquisition; The St. Ignatz - St. Regis!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/3371477706/in/set-72157605848697090/
With dents;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N04/3371477276/in/set-72157605848697090/

The Story (more or less); St. Ignatz was with me a few months back when I got my first Homburg in Philadelphia. That stuck with him, and when he came across this vintage (stamped 1954 under the sweatband) Stetson he dropped me a line. A steal at a price so absurd for a hat in such beautiful shape that I dread telling you it was... $25! After making a quick trip to Art Fawcett for a sizing check, the hat arrived at my door.

I know... why are there no pics of it on my head? Two reasons; First, the sun has been so harsh the few times it's come out lately that I can't get a good shot outside, and indoor shots come out too dark. Second, the front of the brim needs to be steamed down a little. I look like Oliver Hardy with it on right now. lol I will add new pics when I can, probably in the Homburg Nation thread.

Thank You Ignatz!! For the fiftieth time! :D

Hat looks great, glad you like it and it was my pleasure.

Wandering Fool

New in Town
Hello

This is my first post. I have been lurking and reading for quite awhile. I am a storyteller from Vermont and have always been fond of Fedora's. The office picture is a Gary White fedora. The storytelling picture is a slouch hat made by Clearwater Hats similar to the hats worn in the movie Cold Mountain.
Forgive me if the above URLs do not result in visible photos. My first time trying to post using photobucket.

Wandering Fool

New in Town
Ned Beatty

Bolthead: No one has ever told me I resembled Ned Beatty. Egads, I have always associated him with that scene from Deliverance.
Are you sure you don't mean Sean Connery? Or Cary Grant in a short and wide?...maybe just a little;)

Carlisle Blues

Wandering Fool said:
Bolthead: No one has ever told me I resembled Ned Beatty. Egads, I have always associated him with that scene from Deliverance.
Are you sure you don't mean Sean Connery? Or Cary Grant in a short and wide?...maybe just a little;)

OMG lol lol lol lol lol lol

Fugues

New in Town
Hey guys and gals, been browsing around for a week or so. I knew there had to be a forum with fellow fedora wearers! Anyway, I have family members that like to don very nice lids, so I decided to join the family ways.

This is a Bailey Curtis packable fedora that i ordered a week back; it's not much probably to the vintage wearers, but for my first one I LOVE IT! My girlfriend loves it too :D . Also, the original ribbon on it was black, which I switched out to make it stand out. It's ivory cream, not so crazy bright like a white. My original plan was to replace it with a dark gray, but I have to find the right one; still searching though! For now, I think it looks good. What do you think? :)

BEFORE
DSCN0324.jpg

AFTER
DSCN0331.jpg

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Wandering Fool said:

"He sure has a purdy fedora..." lol

Welcome, Wandering Fool! (You can stop wandering, you found the right place.)

Mr. Paladin

Fugues said:
Hey guys and gals, been browsing around for a week or so. I knew there had to be a forum with fellow fedora wearers! Anyway, I have family members that like to don very nice lids, so I decided to join the family ways.

Hello,Fugues, nice to have you. Don't sweat the new hat; any hat you like is a great place to start, just don't think you are done!

Fugues

New in Town
Mr. Paladin said:
Hello,Fugues, nice to have you. Don't sweat the new hat; any hat you like is a great place to start, just don't think you are done!

Oh trust me, I am no where NEAR to done; if not buying anymore hats is even possible! haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82