Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:
This nice specimen is courtesy of Garrett. It's a Resistol (A Byer- Rolnick Product), Kitten Finish, Beaver Twenty. 2 1/4" brim, 5 1/4" crown (open). I do believe it's what we all expect when somebody says "mint condition." Very impressive! :)

P1070291.jpg

J.T.--That is a superb hat and it looks great on you as well!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
Is this cool or what?

Fantastic. You've made some of the best purchases in the last few months. I can't answer your repair question, but even if they can't be made perfect, they're pretty darn amazing. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScionPI2005 said:
Here is a Wormser straw I received from Garrett just a few days ago. It should be enjoyable for the summer.

WormserStraw4.jpg

Nice, SPI. I like that ribbon. Looks like it might be a pale gold. Is that right?

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
I got this at Arnold Hatters in New York. On their website you may be able to find it but if not I'm sure you could work something out with them over the phone. They are very customer friendly.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
ScionPI2005 said:
Here is a Wormser straw I received from Garrett just a few days ago. It should be enjoyable for the summer.

WormserStraw4.jpg

That has got to be the nicest straw I've seen, in a long time! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:

WormserStraw4.jpg

Scion, that looks great on you. Your set for the summer.

B

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Cavanaughs

Two Cavanaughs I won on ebay. I thought there was a Cavanaugh thread started bur I couldn't find it.

No.1 as it came to me

cavanaugh1.jpg

After a good cleaning, a new ribbon and a new bash

0321092250.jpg

0321092258.jpg

And yes I happen to like the feather

0321092250a.jpg

0321092250b.jpg

0321092251.jpg

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
Cavanaugh no 2

No. 2 had a permanent crease, almost a tear, from the bash. The only way I could hide it was to make it a porkpie and hide it in the valley of the porkpie bash. This one I re-dyed a dark auburn color with hair coloring as per J.T. Marcus suggestions. The reed was ripping out of the sweatband so I replaced it along with the ribbon, a forrest green. This is my first complete overhaul.

Before

cavanaugh2.jpg

After

0321092252-1.jpg

0321092252a.jpg

0321092252b.jpg

0321092253.jpg

0321092254.jpg

0321092256.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wow, warmentrout, great work.

Was the ribbon on that first one really not salvageable?* Looked like it just needed some smoothing out on the fringed edge of the bow. [huh] In any event, the replacements on both are first-rate. Do you make up the bows and everything? Very professional looking.

As far as the feather; I like it too. Most of my fedoras don't have one, but then again most are vintage and didn't come with one. But I have a few which work well with the feather, as does yours.

*If you wind up with ribbons/bow that you've removed which are remotely in useable condition for a beater or something, consider me one who may be interested in obtaining them from you. ;)

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
Wow, warmentrout, great work.

Was the ribbon on that first one really not salvageable?* Looked like it just needed some smoothing out on the fringed edge of the bow. [huh] In any event, the replacements on both are first-rate. Do you make up the bows and everything? Very professional looking.

I wanted a narrower ribbon. Yes I make everything. Sometimes they turn out really good. Other times I think, " Man, that looks like #^*% ." The ribbon I took off was folded over to make one of the bows and the other bow was one flat piece of ribbon. It was all sewn together to look like a ribbon and a bow. When I took them apart, I was going to use them on another project that it in the works, they were full of holes where they were stitched. The two ribbons were different so I couldn't use one for the ribbon and the other for the bow. The useable length, no holes, is about 20 1/2 inches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82