Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Just arrived - D Bar J Hat Company Panama Western

be8e8b70706de1b24cb464a9fcef04ed.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yesterday was a three hat day. The vintage Dunlap arrived it needs to be blocked as the pictures show...but clean inside and out some fade on the brim but looks attractive with it. And the Texas Hatters western akubra remake I purchased from Robert, super nice and clean as a whistle...and then the Strat we purchased from 65classic! This is one clean Strat! I brushed and sponged all three hats, and of course, Daniel is super happy with them all. The Dunlap if blocked up to a 7 1/2 will lose the original sweatband and ribbon as it is a 7 3/8 but everything has some shrinkage due to age now. For those of you that passed up on continuing to bid on it, Thank YOU! You passed a super clean hat for a basement bargain price! haha!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Just arrived - D Bar J Hat Company Panama Western

be8e8b70706de1b24cb464a9fcef04ed.jpg
For those that may not know, if it was not for this wonderful gentlemen having been on eBay selling something hat related, both Daniel and myself, would not have been on the Fedora Lounge. Due to his ability to be a sweetheart he helped us GET HERE! If we can ever have the chance to meet David in person I am sure he will get a big hug from both of us, and we'd sure treat him to the biggest Porterhouse Steak dinner in the History of Texas! YEEE hawww! Love ya David!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
And the rest (as they say) is history!!

C, you and Daniel are such a great couple, I'd love the chance to meet you in person one day.

This new hat is really cool - well, for a shipped price of $16.00 I could hardly complain anyway [emoji3]

D Bar J makes cool hats, I know Jeff (Bowlerman has, or did have) a nice example.

I wanted this as a summer hat I wouldn't be afraid of getting dirty and sweaty and it will do the job nicely. It has a ton of stiffener, I had to use a lot of steam to get the brim how I wanted it.

I think that if this hat gets blown off my head into the street and run down by a truck, the truck will come off worse. After sitting on my Art Fawcett bandblock for an hour, it fits as though it was custom made for me.

I can taste that steak already!!

Cheers!
David!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe