Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not sure if this is the place for this...
20160314hum.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A box like that arrived at my home yesterday. In it was this beauty: A hat made to my specification by our own Esther. She kept me updated throughout the process. Choice of colour, of ribbon and design. She really couldn't have been more helpful.
If you are impressed with her work, do leave a comment. Esther has been as nervous as a kitten making this for me. She need not have worried, I couldn't be more pleased.I absolutely love it.
front.jpg interior.jpg left view.jpg

A box like that arrived at my home yesterday. In it was this beauty: A hat made to my specification by our own Esther. She kept me updated throughout the process. Choice of colour, of ribbon and design. She really couldn't have been more helpful.
If you are impressed with her work, do leave a comment. Esther has been as nervous as a kitten making this for me. She need not have worried, I couldn't be more pleased.I absolutely love it.
View attachment 46355 View attachment 46356 View attachment 46357
What is the felt, rabbit or beaver? It looks like a nice soft felt, like an old Borsa or is it the colour that gives it the soft look?
Great hat, love the colour.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Wow, that is just beautiful! Yes indeed, you have a fantastic hat from her.

EstherWeis

Vendor
What is the felt, rabbit or beaver? It looks like a nice soft felt, like an old Borsa or is it the colour that gives it the soft look?
Great hat, love the colour.

It's hare felt. The finish is smooth.
You can also get this color in a velours finish.
It is a soft felt but it is quite sturdy. This quality will hold up in any type of weather.

And thank you :)

EstherWeis

Vendor
Wow, that is just beautiful! Yes indeed, you have a fantastic hat from her.
Thank you!

Fantastic hat GHT!!! Very impressive work Esther! That's a real beauty!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Aw thx!

Wow! Spectacular lid, my friend. Great color, and I like the ribbon.

Esther, that is some very nice looking work. Bravo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thank you Harv!

It's hare felt. The finish is smooth.
You can also get this color in a velours finish.
It is a soft felt but it is quite sturdy. This quality will hold up in any type of weather.

And thank you :)

Esther and GHT - fantastic hat! Great color and styling. Kind of looks like a cross between a Strat and a Playboy. Super job, Esther! And seeing your post in WHAYWT, GHT, you wear it with panache!

Bravo!

indyhan

Familiar Face
a
in't that a nice lid ?
i may contribute some time next spring to the newly started Esther Weis fedoras appreciation page as i plan on having our skilled fellowmember make me a light weight fedora for the warmer weather to come. I'll keep you posted.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Took a trip to Bencraft this morning seeking a modern Alessandria ... Contrary to what I have read about them , these hats are gorgeous.
Extremely light, very very soft handle, and well made...super comfortable as well.. Almost float on the head.
I was immediately torn between three colors ... Light gray (wearing it in the mirror shot)... Steel gray... Dark gray.
The light gray was ever so slightly heavier than the other two .
Was a very tough choice and I came away with the dark gray because I don't have anything remotely close to it... It is also a very hard color to photograph ... Even outside.

Some pics to enjoy

329b38a6d4cf4dd235200c97a0cbfdc0.jpg

12b216ca2e7f2e76fb49635232d35763.jpg

a63f7d41d2a6532ebaf375a558cb516e.jpg

These guys are the best!

. . . Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly amazing how much Bencraft's store looks like Meyer the Hatter here, both inside and out. Meyer's has a little wider sales room, and the hats on its bargain racks sport brighter colors, but otherwise it's the same. Your Borsalino looks great, sir!

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Truly amazing how much Bencraft's store looks like Meyer the Hatter here, both inside and out. Meyers has a little wider sales room, and the hats on its bargain racks sport brighter colors, but otherwise it's the same. Your Borsalino looks great, sir!

thank you my man ...

I always get swept off my feet by the very cabinets that have held hats since 1948

lots of history in that store

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
thank you my man ...

I always get swept off my feet by the very cabinets that have held hats since 1948

lots of history in that store
Meyer's has been around for more than 100 years, though I don't know if they've always been in the same location. When I stopped there a couple of weeks ago and picked up a new straw (which I will photograph and display), I was bemused by all the new family members working there.

Meyer's has been around for more than 100 years, though I don't know if they've always been in the same location. When I stopped there a couple of weeks ago and picked up a new straw (which I will photograph and display), I was bemused by all the new family members working there.

I believe I saw some photos on one of the threads recently where they were across the street?

All my NOLA visits and I've never walked in there...

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I believe I saw some photos on one of the threads recently where they were across the street?

All my NOLA visits and I've never walked in there...
It's possible they've moved. Nowadays going there is an epic journey, involving the bridge, driving on some poorly-paved streets, paying to park in a garage, and then a little walk. But when I do, I'll ask Mr. Sam, the family patriarch, or his wife Marcella, or Mr. Paul their older son.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe