Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Bob, I'd vote for the brim snapped down in this case. I have two of my ORs set that way and one more like your first pic. I have various OR clones, some with brim down, a couple more like your first pic.

The cattleman's crease can cause this style to ride on top of your head a little differently than C-crown type creases since there's no 'dome' in the center of the bash. Nonetheless, I think it looks like it's sitting well in the second photo.

I liiiiike that color.

:eusa_clap

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indeed

I know it sounds crazy but I really did over do-it this year on lids. Gene mentioned that rather than going the bidding war route, he's been spending time getting to know the hats he's already won.....I need to do the same.

Its up to Bolt to win the small lids now! ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
I find it hard to believe that either bolthead or Garrett is done yet! I hope to see you continue as the Terrible Twosome of Tiny (ok...smaller) Toppers (TTofTT)! ;) :)

Bob, Your OR looks fine either way. I agree with Mr. Paladin, brim up is the true western way to go. Nice color BTW.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chuckles.....

Its up to Bolt to win the small lids now!

Don't worry Garret, there's plenty to go around......I have over 50 in my collection as it stands and I've gotten to know them pretty well over the past 2 years or so, and Carter is right, even though my wife wants to kill me. :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Gene mentioned that rather than going the bidding war route, he's been spending time getting to know the hats he's already won....

:eek: Wellllll..... :eek:

Allow me to use my ONE THOUSANDTH TFL POST (woohoo) to show a new hat I just received from an Ebay listing. lol lol lol

I couldn't resist. It's a very green Dobbs Hanover Square model (which is a lot - I mean A LOT like a Whippet). I've got two other Hanovers and they are all very good quality. This one's like brand new and was BIN for $24.95 so I pounced.

I also had a couple other weak moments recently. I'll show you once they arrive and I've gotten out of rehab. :D

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice Shirt

Gene, I am awed by your restraint in saving your 1000th post for something truly AWSOME! THat Dobbs Hanover Square is a BEAUTY! Well Done!: :whistling :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :whistling

Viper Man

Banned
HarpPlayerGene said:
:eek: Wellllll..... :eek:

Allow me to use my ONE THOUSANDTH TFL POST (woohoo) to show a new hat I just received from an Ebay listing. lol lol lol

I couldn't resist. It's a very green Dobbs Hanover Square model (which is a lot - I mean A LOT like a Whippet). I've got two other Hanovers and they are all very good quality. This one's like brand new and was BIN for $24.95 so I pounced.

I also had a couple other weak moments recently. I'll show you once they arrive and I've gotten out of rehab. :D

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

BEEYOUTIFUL! Very nice lid, Gene. I'm green with envy. lol

Congrats on 1,000 posts, too! Quite a milestone.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Gene -- If only I liked green lids, I'd be impressed...

Oh, wait a second -- I LOVE GREEN LIDS! I'M IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!

That is an absolute stunner. Well done, my friend. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thank ya, thank ya!

I was waiting for you to get a load of this one, Jimmy. I knew you'd appreciate. I'd have a ways to go to catch you in the green dept.

So much for me being a model of stoic resolve when it comes to keeping out of Ebay trouble.

I'm weak... :p

anon`

One Too Many
Ok, it's not a new hat per se, but it's new to me. I finally got round to taking a few shots of that lovely, NOS Schoble from johnnyphi by way of Not-Bogart13. Wonderful sort of milk chocolate-brown with what you might call a dark chocolate-brown ribbon. It takes a hand-bash wonderfully (no steam required!) and currently has a nice diamond bash in it.

Maybe someday there will even be photos of me wearing it ;)

Schoble-on-bag.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe