Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
LordBest said:
Would this town have any use for a pompous Classical Archaeologist and gourmet? In a pinch I could arrange a poorly organised trip into the jungles of Mesoamerica, losing two thirds of the company but returning with some terrific stories.
:kick: "I have no Reply" lol

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
LordBest said:
Would this town have any use for a pompous Classical Archaeologist and gourmet? In a pinch I could arrange a poorly organised trip into the jungles of Mesoamerica, losing two thirds of the company but returning with some terrific stories.

Does said explorer speak with a crisp, semi-military upperclass British accent? Is he at least 50 years old with white hair and a handlebar moustache? Does he look dashing in khaki and a coffee-tanned pith helmet and will he provide his own shotgun?

Yes?

Sure we'll take him...

LordBest

Practically Family
Well, I'm halfway to fifty and I do own a pith helmet. Not sure I'm at the dashing stage yet, still stuck with 'odd looking'. No luck with the handlebar moustache, though I'm working on the accent as people tell me to 'go back to England' already, I might as well go all out.

Shangas said:
Does said explorer speak with a crisp, semi-military upperclass British accent? Is he at least 50 years old with white hair and a handlebar moustache? Does he look dashing in khaki and a coffee-tanned pith helmet and will he provide his own shotgun?

Yes?

Sure we'll take him...

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
Should there be need for a tour guide, to keep those pesky tourists under control, I'm your gal. (I'm a tour guide at the Churchill War Rooms), by night I quite fancy being a cigarette girl, I'm sure there will be sufficient need for one or two of those.;) For the day job I intend to speak with the cut glass English accent of a 1940s BBC Broadcaster, by night I shall become what is known as a 'Cockney sparrow'.

Slightly letting my imagination run away with me here.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Has anybody mentioned a ballroom?

My model: The Col in Davenport, IA, where everybody from Bix to Duke to Lombardo to yours truly has played.
col%20interior%20001.jpg

then
ColBallroom1%20-%20not%20on%20list.jpg
Col%20Ballroom%20interior.jpg

now

Mr Vim

One Too Many
That... is an impressive ballroom Fletch. But do we need something that size?
As I write this, I'm wondering, what sort of population are we talking about for this town?

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
As I just came into towne....may I please have a Whiskey Sour? It's rather arid here today.
Will there be different boroughs for the different eras ? Or shall we be just one big happy family?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Mr Vim said:
That... is an impressive ballroom Fletch. But do we need something that size?
Any smaller and we can make do with a wooden, arched-roof firetrap of a dancehall, about a mile and a half out of town on a two-lane road, perhaps with picnic grounds and a man-made lake on the premises.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Honey Bee said:
As I just came into towne....may I please have a Whiskey Sour? It's rather arid here today.
Will there be different boroughs for the different eras ? Or shall we be just one big happy family?

I imagine that the structures would vary across the eras from the 1890s-1940s in appearance. Same with clothing and cars and other accessories.

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Honey Bee said:
Sorry no Cocktails or Martini's ... only straight from the bottle hard liquor. :p :D

Mr Vim

One Too Many
So my friend wants to know if we want about the bars, she is just designing one, so I initially told her the Jazz bar, which she has done before (and it looks great) but then I told her to wait and that I'd ask everyone, so what then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe