Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Forgotten Man said:
What are ya, a bartender or somethin'? :rolleyes: I also ain't got no key to this "Back Room" you speak of, see. So, take it easy.

PS. Bias ply tiers are original style... that's how I roll! I live on the edge! lol
ONLY KIDDING. It was just too easy a gag. I didn't want to express any bias. I guess I'll have to tread lightly. I hope every one is having a good year! That's sort of an akronym.

panamag8or

Practically Family
I think a county is a good idea. That way, there is enough room for the farms, and there can be a sizeable county seat, with several smaller towns in the outlying areas. Then, each town can be a different era, and maybe the sniping will stop. Heck, the hippies can have their own commune, if they want.

In a practical sense, you would need a whole county to keep a fair-sized city running, economically.

J.B.

Practically Family
Oh spare me!

dhermann1 said:
...It was just too easy a gag. I didn't want to express any bias. I guess I'll have to tread lightly. I hope every one is having a good year! That's sort of an akronym.
emogrinningroflgg5.gif

Although I haven't spoke to you in quite a while and I hate to air this in public, I'm starting to flat out become concerned! I mean, it's pretty hard to gauge but it would appear that you are trying to inflate your post count while hoping to become the hub of attention?! Take it from a friend -- you'll never become a big wheel by pumping up your message posts. I've seen many problems stem from this kind of behavior!
What, you say?? I'm not 'round enough to be offering suggestions? Well then, maybe you should just axle someone else to help you iron out your issues.

Remember, Confucius say:

Man who runs in front of car gets tired...

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
ONLY KIDDING. It was just too easy a gag. I didn't want to express any bias. I guess I'll have to tread lightly. I hope every one is having a good year! That's sort of an akronym.

lol Express any bias! I hope everyone is having a "Goodyear" :p

Very punny... indeed! Or, you could say that it's so rich that it's BF GOODRICH!!!... sorry:eusa_doh:

cowboy76

Suspended
One more quick side note on bias and radials,...the only thing we have with radials (due to the rediculous weight of the car!!) is my wife's 53 buick super. We had to put on radials for her, the car's weight was the key factor as it wandered dangerously even after a good tune-up on the driveline!!

I DID however have nothing but bias on a '50 GMC I used to own,...drove it from PA to Indiana two years ago,...never an issue,...had LOTS of miles on her and she never wandered, rubber wore well, etc.

Now I have Firestone Bias black walls on the '27 T roadster modified jalopy of mine....
103_1232.jpg

www.myspace.com/hotironscc

cowboy76 said:
One more quick side note on bias and radials,...the only thing we have with radials (due to the rediculous weight of the car!!) is my wife's 53 buick super. We had to put on radials for her, the car's weight was the key factor as it wandered dangerously even after a good tune-up on the driveline!!

I DID however have nothing but bias on a '50 GMC I used to own,...drove it from PA to Indiana two years ago,...never an issue,...had LOTS of miles on her and she never wandered, rubber wore well, etc.

Now I have Firestone Bias black walls on the '27 T roadster modified jalopy of mine....
103_1232.jpg

Try putting bias on a 1959 Oldsmobile---much heavier than the buick. ;) :p
The '57 GMC ate bias plys for lunch. :eusa_doh:
I have a radial bias; I suppose.

cowboy76

Suspended
jamespowers said:
Try putting bias on a 1959 Oldsmobile---much heavier than the buick. ;) :p
The '57 GMC ate bias plys for lunch. :eusa_doh:
I have a radial bias; I suppose.

Heavier than a 1953 Super??....really??.....do you have the weight ratio difference on that by chance? I couldnt find it online, but WOW if it is heavier,...because our 53 Buick is a BOAT and a tank in the winter!!!

I'm also surprised that your 57 GMC ate your tires, but I'm sure its waay heavier than the little '50 GMC I had.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
cowboy76 said:
103_1232.jpg

Now, I'm not much for hot rods but, that my friend is super COOL!!! I like period styled custom work... that looks like FUN! And, period correct!!! :eusa_clap

♫Hop, in the ol' Jalop and head, for the Malted Shop and... all the cats join in!♫

cowboy76 said:
Heavier than a 1953 Super??....really??.....do you have the weight ratio difference on that by chance? I couldnt find it online, but WOW if it is heavier,...because our 53 Buick is a BOAT and a tank in the winter!!!

I'm also surprised that your 57 GMC ate your tires, but I'm sure its waay heavier than the little '50 GMC I had.

Bigger--4,275 pounds, 218.4 inches long or 18.2 feet long. :eek: :p I am guessing you don't have the Estate wagon as that would likely surpass the Olds at 4,315 lbs.
We are talking BIG:
1959_Oldsmobile_98_Holiday_CoupeJuly19b.jpg

:p

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Oh boy, that's a biggie! And you call my car a brick! HAHAHA My car is a lightweight coming in to the ballpark of 3500lbs! Better a brick then a yacht!

I think we're the only ones around this thread still... I think we should turn this ship around!

Our vintage town would have to have a repair shop for home appliances! A place that will fix refrigerators, toasters, blenders, heaters, fans, irons and all sorts of small and large vintage appliances!

Also, it would be important to have a power plant! If we have our own juice, it could cost less then having our town powered by Edison! lol

Forgotten Man said:
Oh boy, that's a biggie! And you call my car a brick! HAHAHA My car is a lightweight coming in to the ballpark of 3500lbs! Better a brick then a yacht!

I think we're the only ones around this thread still... I think we should turn this ship around!

Our vintage town would have to have a repair shop for home appliances! A place that will fix refrigerators, toasters, blenders, heaters, fans, irons and all sorts of small and large vintage appliances!

Also, it would be important to have a power plant! If we have our own juice, it could cost less then having our town powered by Edison! lol

Like the guy in Mayberry. I forget his name though. Come to think of it, we need an Ernest T. Bass and a Darling Family to round out the town. :p ;)
A power plant might cost a bit of money and it would take ten years to get on line. I think that would make us the second new power plant in the country to go on line in the last 25-35 years due to all the regulations involved. :eusa_doh:

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Like the guy in Mayberry. I forget his name though. Come to think of it, we need an Ernest T. Bass and a Darling Family to round out the town. :p ;)

Yes, a Darlin' Family who sing songs on their truck as they drive through town would be swell!!! HAHAHAHA! And of course we need an Ernest T.!!!

Powerplants... darn them Hippies!!!:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld