Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One thing I can not live without is?

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Ladies. My existence would have no purpose if there was no ladies around! But on a more serious note, I don´t know what I´d do without my Gibson Les Paul.

user18761_pic27067_1276131279.jpg

Isn´t she a beaut?

Indeed she is! :love:

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Thank you for asking mate, but that's not an easy question to answer; well, let's see: when it comes to novels I prefer Jane Austen, Gustave Flaubert, Max Frisch or Heinrich Böll. Talking about poetry, without any doubt Paul Celan is my favourite author. His poems are just wonderful! And finally when it comes to Philosophy and History I read Plato, Aristotle, Pliny the Elder and Epikur. But that's only a few examples...!

Henry Gondorff said:
I couldn't live without books. Wherever I am, whatever I do, I always have a book with me. I'm a hopelessly incurable reader.

HadleyH said:
Books and cigarettes.

Hadley and Henry: It looks like I'm in good company though I am a nonsmoker. I too always have to have some sort of reading material close at hand or I'd go nuts.

And please, don't ask me which one I'd take to a desert island with me! This is only a small fraction. lol

DSCF0060-1.jpg

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
@V.C. Brunswick: that really looks nice! Isn't that a wonderful imagination of a relaxing evening: a good book in one hand, a tasty glass of wine or Scotch Whisky in the other? My bookshelfs at home look very similar to yours...

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Thank you for asking mate, but that's not an easy question to answer; well, let's see: when it comes to novels I prefer Jane Austen, Gustave Flaubert, Max Frisch or Heinrich Böll. Talking about poetry, without any doubt Paul Celan is my favourite author. His poems are just wonderful! And finally when it comes to Philosophy and History I read Plato, Aristotle, Pliny the Elder and Epikur. But that's only a few examples...!

No worries. Its always nice to know other peoples fav authors..who knows, one of your fav authours maybe one of my favs :D

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Some of my favs are Jessica Stirling, Graham Masterton, Paullina Simons, Jojo Moyes..to name but a few. I also like reading books about NZ in WW2 and stories about women who were in WW2. I also enjoy music biographies and books about NZ history in general... I could go on...:lol:

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Good Lord! Except for Graham Masterton I never heard of any of these authors; what a treasure to be yet discovered! But we are coming off topic, apologies...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun