Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, so some things in the golden era were not too cool...

Don't know, "Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition" perhaps?

At least I've SEEN that one, as off posed to the Indian Jim pictures.

By the way, does anyone here like Novarro as well as do I?

Indian Jones was a rip off of Secret of the Incas with Charelton Heston playing a much more believable adventurer named Harry Steele. Even the name was more manly than the dog's name.:rolleyes: There are even reports that Spielberg screened this film for the production members of Raiders. Anyone with a brain can see that Spielberg stole this whole cloth from Jerry Hopper. Want to watch the film? Good luck finding it. Look familiar?:
incas08.jpg
images

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Novarro was hot stuff, but Douglas Fairbanks was my first movie crush.

Just saw a masterfully restored version of "Wings" last night, on the big screen. (William Wellman's son spoke, and A.C. Lyles was in the audience.)

Then Gary Cooper popped up onscreen as "Cadet White" -- for about a minute, and then he (as the cadet) kicked the bucket. Let me be blunt: for that entire sixty seconds, every woman in the audience was squirming in her seat.

nihil

One of the Regulars
Apart from them being somewhat similar dressed, and both being adventure movies, there aren't really any similarities. Indiana Jones is long homage to 20-50's adventure flicks. Spielberg and Lucas is very open about this, and it's one of the purposes with the first one; To pay his respect to the movies he grew up with.
Besides that Secret of The Incas is a bit dull, but enjoyable none the less.

Blackjack

One Too Many
I don't know, even if they ripped the idea anyone would have a tough time beating out Raiders, one of the best modern films ever made I think. I hear they're supposed to do a 4th? I hope they decide to backtrack to a "young" Indy , he's definitely a product of the times. I didn't care for the last one because it lost it's feel not being set in the 30's/40's. Better yet scrap the whole franchise and do Captain Midnight instead...

I don't know, even if they ripped the idea anyone would have a tough time beating out Raiders, one of the best modern films ever made I think. I hear they're supposed to do a 4th? I hope they decide to backtrack to a "young" Indy , he's definitely a product of the times. I didn't care for the last one because it lost it's feel not being set in the 30's/40's. Better yet scrap the whole franchise and do Captain Midnight instead...

Best modern film is going out on a long limb there. :p

Captain Neon

Familiar Face

They released the 4th movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in 2008. I doubt that there will be a fifth.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
They released the 4th movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, in 2008. I doubt that there will be a fifth.

Did anyone see the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV series back in the 90s? I loved those - Indiana Jones as a kid and as a teen. I thought they were quite good, especially the ones where he serves in WW1.

Speaking of, I need to get those on DVD...

Last edited:
Did anyone see the Young Indiana Jones TV series back in the 90s? I loved those - Indiana Jones as a kid and as a teen. I thought they were quite good, especially the ones where he serves in WW1.

Speaking of, I need to get those on DVD...

An unknown Catherine Zeta Jones was in one of the episodes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. My two favorite episodes from the series was the Al Capone episode where Indy is a student at the University of Chicago and his roommate is a young Eliot Ness and the "Scandals of 1920" episode which was a sequel to the Al Capone episode where Indy gets a summer job as stage manager of The George White Scandals and meets George Gershwin.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Young_indiana_jones_poster.jpg

I think Daniel Craig was in an episode, too.

I think my favorite one was where he was in Spain during WW1 and was a spy. Great fun.

Flicka

One Too Many

Didn't Lucas say the fifth Indiana Jones would be his last major movie just last week? Or am I imagining things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe