Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

rotebander

New in Town
It's far easier for me to be creative at night-- it's the middle of the afternoon that gets me! The problem is I only run on a couple hours of sleep a night for a few days, which wears on me at school. But really, as long as I'm able to get plenty of sleep on the weekends and holidays I'm pleased as punch.

Brought to you at 1:20 a.m. :D

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
I went to a great lakeside picnic this afternoon and the hot sun sucked all the energy right out of me. The nap I took when I got home didn't help much. I'm off work tonight and I'm going to turn in soon.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
00:58 here, I'm trying to wear myself out.... my wife is a real night owl (having difficulty staying awake during the day and coming alive with energy at night), and though I've always considered myself a night owl (staying up till 1-2am) I find that if I want to spend more than a couple waking hours with her I have to stay up long enough to take a nap in daytime so as to spend night hours in conversation... I'm thinking of slipping something in her drink so she sleeps through a day and a night and wakes up in the MORNING and sleeps at NIGHT... as you can tell, I'm tired... I'm sounding like a desperate psychopath... don't worry, I won't actually do anything to her drink... but I might make her stay awake one of these days so she gets on a more "normal" schedule... any suggestions?

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. That's easier said than done, I know. There are morning people and there are night people and neither convert to the other side very easily.

00:58 here, I'm trying to wear myself out.... my wife is a real night owl (having difficulty staying awake during the day and coming alive with energy at night), and though I've always considered myself a night owl (staying up till 1-2am) I find that if I want to spend more than a couple waking hours with her I have to stay up long enough to take a nap in daytime so as to spend night hours in conversation... I'm thinking of slipping something in her drink so she sleeps through a day and a night and wakes up in the MORNING and sleeps at NIGHT... as you can tell, I'm tired... I'm sounding like a desperate psychopath... don't worry, I won't actually do anything to her drink... but I might make her stay awake one of these days so she gets on a more "normal" schedule... any suggestions?

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
So I have been drooling over Art Fawcett's Mac B. I need to talk to him to see if he thinks it would fit my facial style. It sure does look nice.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Hello again Night Owls!
I'm back on night shifts for a few days and just wondered if anyone was blinking their weary eyes still along with me.

I noticed something early yesterday morning after a night of wakefulness... mornings are that much more beautiful when I'm up all night. I think that the morning may seem extra nice due to the fact that I am about to go to bed or maybe it is more pleasant because I am going away from work rather than towards it.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I sure know what it is like to be up until the rooster crows and then some, and the coffee just seems to be all that much more desired. A bit of Vanilla bean in with some dark silk roast..the aroma for the Zombie part of me. I find myself fighting sleep most of the time, as if I would miss something special or important that staying up would bring. It has had some good experiences with it, but in the long run, staying up has yet to yield me stumbling over a pot of gold. The one great thing about being up late, I do cruise around here and read pages of what has come and gone, sort of secretly rubbing elbows with the past lived through the many wonderful people on this site.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
1:13am

Waiting for my sister to call (9 hour time difference), and researching gun laws in the top three most likely states I'll live in when I move back to the US, plus the next top three I'm likely to visit...

Top three I'll probably live in: Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee. (I know, GREAT gun laws! :D )
Top three I'll visit: Family in Idaho, Oregon, Washington.

Random* I'm out of coffee... ugh. :eeek: :p

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Waiting for my sister to call (9 hour time difference), and researching gun laws in the top three most likely states I'll live in when I move back to the US ...

Top three I'll probably live in: Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee. (I know, GREAT gun laws! :D )

Tennessee windage/Kentucky elevation? Zero your sights. ;)

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
Tennessee windage/Kentucky elevation? Zero your sights. ;)
My wife is part of the vote, I'm just researching to see where I should convince her to choose... :D She doesn't care for guns that much, but is OK if I have/use them... but she likes both states, [Kentucky&Tennessee] and prefers them to her native Florida... if anyone on here knows about TFL novements in those states, make it known so I can get a feel for the ambient... ;) Also, any other observations you might have about those states (barring the inevitable "my state is better because your state sucks" debate)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads