Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**NEWS EXTRA**Good Wear flying jackets take vintage authenticity to new heights!!

I own one of John's masterworks. I've spent time with him, and found him to be hands down the most passionate and committed artisan I've ever encountered. The upside is when you finally own one of his creations, you own the very best. The downside is that it takes time and he can be hard to get in touch with. Trust me, it isn't indifference. When you do make contact, you'll be blown away by his knowledge and enthusiasm. There are luthiers who make incredible guitars and mandolins who have waiting lists that stretch out years and years. Compared to them John isn't all that slow. And when you finally get your jacket, wow.

Exact same experience myself.

D

Deleted member 16736

In time, John's jackets will not be seen as reproductions anymore, but as originals -- John Chapman originals.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ROUGHWEAR 27752 A-2
(Taken with iPhone Camera, so cut the quality some slack please).

Has really broken in nicely as you can see. Lovely little jacket for open-top driving and is enough just over a tee-shirt to keep comfortable.

7379007f.jpg

a3432c36.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It just shows what can be achieved by wearing an A2 rather than applying any time-worn process or hot water treatment! Fantastic GW Paddy that could easily be mistaken for an original.

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
I'm just another member...no connection to Goodwear...members should check out the Goodwear clearance page..there is a 46 California Arcadia for sale...gorgeous...just too small for me....

767fo

One of the Regulars
Paddy your RW looks great. My 27752 from John is still virgin, but it should look like yours with one heck of a lot of wear. I recently took delivery of a Ventura in John's red Japanese HH and it is a true work of art.

aeroga

New in Town
WAIT TIMES - Do it on JACKET-TRACKIT thread please. Thanks.

TFL Management.

Last edited by a moderator:

CBI

One Too Many
Yes, talked to John a few days ago. He is working like crazy to get caught up. He's just not taking many calls/emails about "where's my jacket" He is working to try to finish what are back ordered and communicating to folks whose jackets he is working on at the time. SO MANY people are trying to contact him.

3onaMatch

One of the Regulars
Just a heads-up guys: discussing wait times for Goodwear on this thread is not condoned by FL management. I did it, and I had my order canceled, and my posts deleted. Please contact John if you have issues with wait times--that's the advice I was given. If he doesn't respond, it's because he's busy, but rest assured he will get to your order eventually. Unless you've been notified otherwise.... Also, there is a "jacket trackit" thread set up (as a result of my previous posts) where you can discuss wait times for ALL A-2 makers, not just Goodwear; in fact, I don't think there is a single post on there about GW. At any rate, I hope this helps. I don't want you guys to end up like me, with no jacket after six months of waiting.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Damien is quite right. I'm the first to acknowledge and empathise with those of you 'excited' about the prospect of a lovely new A-2 (Been there, done that!) and impatient to get that beauty on your back where it belongs.

However...You want to discuss wait times, do it on the JACKET-TRACKIT thread as that's what it was created for, not here Gents "please." So, let's move on and 'see' those beauties from GW that you have and discuss those aspects and details that make them so desirable in today's market place of A2's.

767fo

One of the Regulars
Good Wear Ventura

I wanted to post some pics of my Good Wear Ventura I received a few months ago. It is a size 44 and has a comfortable yet trim vintage fit. The jacket was made with John's Japanese red russet HH. The color and finish of this leather is the most luxurious I have seen yet. The chest zipper and chain a long with the main slider are vintage Talon which gives the jacket that special touch. John's workmanship is outstanding and I could not be more pleased. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Front1.jpg

FrontOpen.jpg

Front2.jpg

Back.jpg

Collar.jpg

Cuff.jpg

SideBuckle.jpg

BackPleat.jpg

ChestTalon.jpg

MainZip.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics