Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

^^^^^^
How’d you weather the recent storm?

As to the bleeding dye …
It’s not uncommon, especially with the darker colors. Among the reasons I’ve been happy with a particular Eastern European felt supplier, besides the reasonable price, is that the dyes don’t run.

Welcome aboard. I look forward to your contributions to the discussions.

Insinity

New in Town
Thank you for the welcome!

We aren't in a flood zone, in fact we're about 60 feet above sea level, so weathered the storm just fine. Plus we're a couple miles from the beaches so the storm surge didn't affect us at all. I'm sure you've seen the photos of the beaches here, just utterly destroyed by the water coming in. Those folks have a long road head. We just had to do some yard clean up, but the pool was a huge mess. I pulled probably a couple hundred pounds of leaves and branches out of it. It took a few days to clear up.

The Resistol is not a bad hat other than the dye issue. If there was a way to stabilize the dye that would a useful thing. But I'm still holding a grudge. Is that a hat maker to which you were referring? Or is that just a felt supplier?

Rotary Dial

New in Town
Greetings from Germany!

I fell for the 50's style when I bought my first "kidney desk" when I was aged 15, this fascination for the era, its music, design and style never left me and as I never managed to find a forum for that topic again after the German one closed I hope to be at the right place here now.

Besides that, I'm enthusiastic for older sci-fi, older electronics and vintage aircooled cars as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut