Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Akubra "R.M."

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Riccardo -- In honor of your new acquisition, I wore the "R.M." today. Thought this thread could use a few shots of this lid in action...

RM3-1.jpg

RM4.jpg

RM2.jpg

RM1-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
CJ -- I think it's highly likely that the "R.M." is a mid-brown Campdraft that has been bashed in the style of R.M. Williams. Undo the bash and, "Voila!" -- a Campdraft!

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, IC!

I'm not sure I've ever seen a mid-brown Campdraft posted on the Lounge, so at least these photos will give people a sense of what one looks like. :)

Cheers,
JtL

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi Jimmi the lid,
many thanks for the pics:great hat and wonderful panorama!
Colby Jack.....:( :( uh...don't you forget anything?????
I'll post my pics under my Bushman and (when it comes) under my R.M.

Best wishes.
Riccardo

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Bump

Jimmy...Just wanted to know how the R.M was holding up...if it's in rotational wear...etc. I was checking it out on Nungars site...and I think it's about $114 now...not to bad....I'll have to go back through the thread and reread...but what are the specs again?...and is it the imperial felt or better?....

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Jimmy...Just wanted to know how the R.M was holding up...if it's in rotational wear...etc. I was checking it out on Nungars site...and I think it's about $114 now...not to bad....I'll have to go back through the thread and reread...but what are the specs again?...and is it the imperial felt or better?....

CJ -- I decided pretty early on that the "R.M." would be my go-to hat for inclement weather. So, yes -- it has been in the rotation, and it's the hat I grab if it's raining outside or the weather seems like it could head in that direction. I gave it an application of "All Weather Shield" spray right after I got it, just to be safe. It has held up beautifully.

As far as specs go, I think the open crown was a tad over 5 1/2". The brim is a full 2 7/8", so it really makes for a great outdoors lid. And, yes, it's Imperial felt.

Cheers,
JtL

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Jimmy...I went back and read the thread again...and stared longingly at the photos. What a great looking hat!...I can't get over it...Then again all your hats blow me away...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Thanks Jimmy...I went back and read the thread again...and stared longingly at the photos. What a great looking hat!...I can't get over it...Then again all your hats blow me away...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

:cheers1:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the rebash, Jimmy., and I don't think they make a Campdraft in that color. I've been looking at one in silverbelly, or what Akubra calls silverbelly. I would call it sand instead. I don't have any light colored hats, and I need (want) some.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Bob...if you check Akubras actual site...it comes in mid brown, silver belly, fawn, bluegrass green, black...and I think gray...It seems that stores only carry certain colors...though they can do special orders for you with a 3 month wait I think...

jaco

Suspended
Any News from Sicily?

Hi Riccardo

(just a bit of italian and translation:
siamo conterranei, siciliano di dove, io di Catania anche se adesso vivo a Milano?=we came from same land, where exactly are you from? I'm from Catania but now I live in milan)
Can you please tell me something more about your purchase of akubra?
In particular did you experience some custom problem? Did the hat arrive safely?did you do more online purchase from other countries?
Many thanks in advance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82