Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Akubra "R.M."

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Brim width is 2 7/8". Check out the link for Nungar Trading Company posted earlier in this thread for a much better price on this lid -- looks to be AUD $105 (or USD $97).

Cheers,
JtL

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Riccardo,

The info Jimmy posted as a link about RM Williams is great. From an Aussie perspective, RM represents the rugged 'can-do' attitude of the archetypal bushman. Truth is, most Australians live in large urban centres on the coast, not in the outback. RM came to personify what we most romanticise about the bush - the real Aussie pioneer, the laconic survivor with a dry sense of humour who can take on the hard times and come out on top. He's tough as nails but at the same time a 'good bloke'. RM was, and remains, a focal point for the qualities city slickers and Aussies in general admire about the country folk: a down-to-earth, no-nonsense practicality mixed with determination, honesty, grit, and an ability to make light of even the most trying circumstances.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, kind sir! I was both sad and amazed to hear of RM's passing several years ago. He was such a rugged iconic character, and he was well into his 90s, I think most of us figured he'd be with us forever.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That RM is great looking!

Jimmy...Your hat looks similar to DM's Bushman....What kind of fur does that RM have?...Superfine, Imperial or Heritage?[huh]

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Well thats what my Snowy and Adventurer are made of...and they are at the extreme ends of the hard/soft spectrum![huh] :eek: :D...The Snowy is very solid...and the Adventurer is soft and floppy...to the point I sometimes consider it a "crushable"...lol lol

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
The "R.M." is soft to the touch, but at the same time, extremely sturdy -- it's a great combination!

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
KY Gentleman said:
WOW- its up to $173.00 USD now....that was fast!

The R.M. Williams web price has only gone up about $26 (from USD $146). But it looks like other web sources for the "R.M." still have it available for around USD $100, which is what I paid for it.

Cheers,
JtL

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
I'm going for the Akubra R.M. Williams I'll pick up it at the Nungar website.
I've emailed with Steve, here's the price $125,00AUD+$45,00AUD for shipping to Italy.
Many thanks to Jimmy the Lid that has introduce this nice lid to me.
Best regards.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
riccardo said:
Hi to all, I'm going for the Akubra R.M. Williams I'll pick up it at the Nungar website. I've emailed with Steve, here's the price $125,00AUD+$45,00AUD for shipping to Italy. Many thanks to Jimmy the Lid that has introduce this nice lid to me.

You're welcome, Riccardo! That's great news -- I'm sure you're really going to like this lid. Let us know when it arrives!

Cheers,
JtL

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
riccardo said:
Hi to all,
I'm going for the Akubra R.M. Williams I'll pick up it at the Nungar website.
I've emailed with Steve, here's the price $125,00AUD+$45,00AUD for shipping to Italy.
Many thanks to Jimmy the Lid that has introduce this nice lid to me.
Best regards.
Riccardo...Have you got pics of the Bushman yet?:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82