Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom Ringo ranch blouse review

jchance

One of the Regulars
Cross-posting.

It’s a good piece: excellent type I pattern (the pleated folds have some room to give), unlined leather feels nice on the skin, and solid construction. I’m a fan of the snap button closure. The pockets seem functional, they fit my iPhone 14 easily. Generally, there is not much to complain about except some minor nitpickings: (1) I wish pocket flap placement was on the left instead of the right; (2) I wish there was one additional snap closure between the sleeve button closure and rivet near the elbow because the sleeve feels like it bulges out a bit. Overall, 8/10.

I went to the Mister Freedom store and tried on several of their leather jackets, but this piece in this color stood out the most.

Attachments

• IMG_6214.jpeg
    IMG_6214.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6215.jpeg
    IMG_6215.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
(2) I wish there was one additional snap closure between the sleeve button closure and rivet near the elbow because the sleeve feels like it bulges out a bit.
I double checked the sleeve ends on mine but they hardly bulge out at all. I guess the leather on yours just needs to settle down / break in.

jchance

One of the Regulars
Given that the hardware has no zippers, I tossed this cowhide jacket inside the dryer and utilized the “air fluff” function (no heat) with 1-2 tennis balls. After 2 hours, the leather feels so much softer, and the tea-core has worn out in several corners. The chest area appears to have stretched a bit, which is my preference because it was a bit tight in the chest area.

I plan to give it several more hours to wear away some of the tea-core to show the underlying natural leather. I have read from prior forum post that about 20 hours of air fluff is totally ok to break in a new jacket. 1 hour air fluff = 6 months of wear.

sammy

New in Town
I"m thinking of grabbing the "Randall" model in the natural color. I have a 36 chest and would get the size 36 based on MF's measurements. However, my only concern is that the sleeves seem a little loose and blousy compared to what I'm used to wearing from other brands like Aero. Does this diminish once the jacket breaks in and molds to your body?

mumpy

A-List Customer
I"m thinking of grabbing the "Randall" model in the natural color. I have a 36 chest and would get the size 36 based on MF's measurements. However, my only concern is that the sleeves seem a little loose and blousy compared to what I'm used to wearing from other brands like Aero. Does this diminish once the jacket breaks in and molds to your body?
The jacket is a bit boxy, that’s just the pattern. It won’t diminish.

cwils777

New in Town
Hey Marc, I’m new to TFL and found this review very helpful. I really love the design of the MFSC Ringo and plan on purchasing one. The only issue is that I’m typically a 38 and unfortunately the MF website is sold out of 38. I asked about restocking which they said is unlikely.

My question for you and anyone else on the forum who was this particular jacket is, if I’m typically 38, would you recommend sizing down to a 36 or up to a 40? I wouldn’t mind layering with a sweater and/or button up from time to time but certainly don’t want an oversized fit.

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated! *For reference I’m 5’10” and 165lbs.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Hey Marc, I’m new to TFL and found this review very helpful. I really love the design of the MFSC Ringo and plan on purchasing one. The only issue is that I’m typically a 38 and unfortunately the MF website is sold out of 38. I asked about restocking which they said is unlikely.

My question for you and anyone else on the forum who was this particular jacket is, if I’m typically 38, would you recommend sizing down to a 36 or up to a 40? I wouldn’t mind layering with a sweater and/or button up from time to time but certainly don’t want an oversized fit.

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated! *For reference I’m 5’10” and 165lbs.
I am same height as you and 170lbs and have this one in a tag size 40 with 40 inch chest. I can layer but can also wear it with a tshirt and looks good. I would go with a 40 for sure.

Keep in mind because this one is unlined, depending on what you layer it with, it will leave traces of leather fibers on the layer below the jacket that are annoying to remove. But with some wear this will diminish, or go away completely eventually.

cwils777

New in Town

@jchance - That definitely helps! I heard there is some variance with measurements and the size chart on the mister freedom website has the chest measurement at 20”. What’s the shoulder measurement on your 36?

cwils777

New in Town
T
I am same height as you and 170lbs and have this one in a tag size 40 with 40 inch chest. I can layer but can also wear it with a tshirt and looks good. I would go with a 40 for sure.

Keep in mind because this one is unlined, depending on what you layer it with, it will leave traces of leather fibers on the layer below the jacket that are annoying to remove. But with some wear this will diminish, or go away completely eventually.
Thanks @mumpy very helpful!

jchance

One of the Regulars
@jchance - That definitely helps! I heard there is some variance with measurements and the size chart on the mister freedom website has the chest measurement at 20”. What’s the shoulder measurement on your 36?

Shoulder is 17.25”. The jacket stretched a bit with wear, and the pleats/folds on the front and back of the jacket help with the smaller sizing

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
My question for you and anyone else on the forum who was this particular jacket is, if I’m typically 38, would you recommend sizing down to a 36 or up to a 40?
I sized down. With my 43" chest I should technically wear a size 42 but I have a relatively slim waist and I didn't want the jacket to have a huge hem. I once owned a MF campus with a hem that was way too wide for me, it was not a good look.

At first the Ringo felt slightly restrictive in the shoulder but now that it's fully broken in it feels totally comfortable. As @jchance mentioned, the jacket does stretch with wear.

Wide hem Campus size 42 vs perfect hem Ringo size 40.
IMG_6474.jpeg

47128D73-5B86-445A-803A-3B029BA220AC.jpeg
D1902EE4-AA12-4F3A-B51B-08BC4D83AA00.jpeg

cwils777

New in Town
I sized down. With my 43" chest I should technically wear a size 42 but I have a relatively slim waist and I didn't want the jacket to have a huge hem. I once owned a MF campus with a hem that was way too wide for me, it was not a good look.

At first the Ringo felt slightly restrictive in the shoulder but now that it's fully broken in it feels totally comfortable. As @jchance mentioned, the jacket does stretch with wear.

Wide hem Campus size 42 vs perfect hem Ringo size 40.
View attachment 634139
View attachment 634138 View attachment 634137
Very helpful and thanks for the reference pics @Marc mndt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007