Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

freebird

Practically Family
zaika said:
lol. much appreciated.

but even if all you do is post pics of yourself in different HATS, it's still great to see. hawaiin shirts and all. besides...you have a fan club, you know. you don't want to dissapoint them, do you? lol

I wasn't aware of a fan club lol.

zaika

One Too Many
AllaboutEve said:
Well said Zaika. I like my men to be almost as vintage as my clothes! Nothing beyond circa 1950's for me.............;)

BTW you are so beautiful Zaika, don't you dare stop posting in the Ladies of the Lounge thread!!

oh boy eve. if i could snag a vintage guy, i'd have to put my foot down, too. nothing beyond 1950 please. the 1930's/40's look is just so yummy. unless he's a greaser...that's hot, too. lol

and...thanks. you're too kind. ;)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
zaika said:
oh boy eve. if i could snag a vintage guy, i'd have to put my foot down, too. nothing beyond 1950 please. the 1930's/40's look is just so yummy. unless he's a greaser...that's hot, too. lol

Luckily I've got one from 1959! Only just qualified! but still he is part of my vintage collection or so I keep telling him lol lol

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Panache said:
I haven't watched the original Wickerman movie but the couple of images I have seen of Christopher Lee from it looked like he was wearing daywear with a turtleneck

In one scene he was wearing a Montrose and jabot (it was in the evening). http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=560155&postcount=36
the_wicker_man10.jpg

freebird

Practically Family
zaika said:

LOL I can't win....too old for some, too young for others. (I'm a vintage '63 model)

pgoat

One Too Many
In search of those shades??

Pip said:
Well here's my entry for today from the WW2 uniform collection, have gone for a distinctly summery theme.

Warning though.....nasty leg alert on my photos...this is what skiing and the British weather does to them lol

Anyhoo, the uniform. The uniform shown is that of Polish Air Force whilst serving in North Africa in 1942/1943. Typically known as KD (khaki drill) it incorporates a traditionally styled 'bush jacket' and a British design disaster known as 'Bombay Bloomers'...shorts with a masive turn up that could be rolled down into bell-bottomed trousers in the cold North African evenings.

The majority of troops despised Bombay Bloomers, so quite simply cut them down into normal shorts. Pracitcal in application...totally lacking in style however lol !!!

The sunglasses are RAF issue sunglasses, incorporating a leather side-sheild to protect the eyes from desert sand and dust.

The boots are the 1936 pattern flying boots, a boot that has become part of the quintessential "RAF look" from WW2.

DAFReenact023.jpg

DAFReenact051.jpg

Tootle pip!

Pip
Pip - those sunglasses are so cool!

I recently almost bought these, but they were SO protective they cut out most of my vision as well as sunlight (they are for mountaineering on Everest, K2 and whatnot - kinda overkill for riding my bike to work). Dunno if you could chime in on how close they come to your originals but they look to me like they might work in a pinch for you uniform folk in need of that look?

PSK123

A-List Customer
Hey chap!

Aha lovely glasses, I've a pair similar for my mountaineering and climbing stuff. But not quite that nice!

They aren't that far off mine though, certainly give the "look". There are mine here:

shade.jpg

Ooh and cheers for all the compliments everyone ;)

PSK123

A-List Customer
Yeah, I think the main modern look to them is the lense style and the arms.

That being said, the ones I'm wearing, frequently come up on ebay...go for around $75-$100. So not too badly priced compared to the modern ones.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Big Man said:
This was yesterday afternoon, suffering in the heat. It was close to 100 yesterday. Very uncommon for this early in the summer.

DSC02625.jpg

I salute your efforts, sir ;)

I stepped off the Rhode Island-to-NC plane on Sunday and nearly passed out.
It's too damn hot down here!

Spiffy

A-List Customer
And here we are, a little bit of USAAF:
USAAFposey035-1.jpg
USAAFposey023.jpg

The Air Force guys stationed on the base near my hometown wear uniforms like these.

Gosh, I'm so LUCKY!!!:p

Maguire

Practically Family
pgoat said:
those are much nicer - just to show everyone the difference:

9282895e84.jpg

The Julbos are nice, but they look a little too modern, perhaps.
Does that style have anything in common with the "teashades"? I've seen the really small round lensed sunglasses worn in pieces set in the 30s etc, but teashades were a60s thing as far as i know. What's the difference? Aside from the protection on the sides that is ?

pgoat

One Too Many
Not familiar with tea shades - anyone?

btw, Pip is right on about the ear pieces on the Julbos - and they were the most disappointing part when I tried them on - not very comfortable or secure (not sure if you can perhaps reshape them to fit around your ears?). Although they certainly seemed like they would protect your eyes from anything mother nature could throw at them!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe