Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made In USA?

Fifty150

Call Me a Cab
Useful to maybe 3% of the population. Completely useless to everyone else. Now, proudly owned by me.

IMG_20240721_183819298~2.jpg
IMG_20240721_183849248~2.jpg

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some of my hand tools, the three hammers are part of the heritage passed down from my girlie’s grandpa who once learned the profession of copper smith / boiler maker, just like me, estimated age about 70-75 years and still in good condition. Brand is Picard, Made in Germany, and two generations later I learned my profession with/on tools from the same manufacturer, that exists until today.
Top row wrenches are Gedore 1b and lower row wrenches are Hazet 600N, all Made in Germany.

full

Turnip

You may be able to preserve some things through the times but never to turn back the hands.

Turnip

I‘ve recently been looking for a new pair of speakers at a lower four digits price tag.
Rattled off the usual German suspects, some newer as well.
I learned that, at such a „moderate“ price, these either develop here and assemble in the land of smiles or produce very reduced setups in G. that I‘m not looking for. All that is of course relative, as always.
My 40 years old T+A speakers had a mid three digit consumer range tag and were Made in Germany.
The „Made in Germany“ fun begins at a five digits tag now…

…at least developed and engineered in „neighborhood“…

IMG-4221.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads