Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MADE IN AMERICA????????

Please select which fits your situation best.

• Domestic, Bought NEW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Domestic, Bought USED

• Domestic, car INHERITED

• Foreign car Bought NEW

• Foreign car Bought USED

• Foreign car INHERITED

• Total voters

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Isn't it interesting how one bad experience with a car can turn someone away from that make for decades? And over time, if you ask enough people, you'll find that every make will be named under that "never again" designation. However, some makes tend to have fewer adversaries than others.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Pilgrim said:
Isn't it interesting how one bad experience with a car can turn someone away from that make for decades? And over time, if you ask enough people, you'll find that every make will be named under that "never again" designation. However, some makes tend to have fewer adversaries than others.

I drove three Chevrolet's in a row and they all had the same problems; couldn't hold an alignment, tie rods always wore out, starters were junk, shocks were bad, alternators burnt out and the '93 Lumina was on it's fourth transmission when I finally sold it. Ironically to a guy who liked Chevy!lol It will be a while before I plunk down any money on a Chevy. Buick and Cadillac I would be willing, but not Chevy. Right now I'll stick like my Dad and his three brothers for a while; Fords.:D

jazzbass

Familiar Face
Pilgrim said:
Someone asked for a photo of my '58 Fiat Roadster. I don't have a photo of my car, but here's an ad from Fiat with a pic:

Thanks for posting that pic. That is one beautiful car. Great looking ad too.

jazzbass

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ah Pilgrim so true. I grew up in the climate of St. Louis that gets all types of weather and vividly remember that the 40-50s Chrysler products all suffered from dampness. The adults would all say how they didn't start easily or misfired when it was wet weather. That stuck with me for life and I've had GM only since my 1963 Volvo.

D

drafttek

Well I currently own a Jeep, a Jeep, and a Jeep. Before those I had a Jeep and a Jeep. But I had a Jeep before that. Not sure if I can nail it down to one particular brand preference:eek: .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley