Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MADE IN AMERICA????????

Please select which fits your situation best.

• Domestic, Bought NEW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Domestic, Bought USED

• Domestic, car INHERITED

• Foreign car Bought NEW

• Foreign car Bought USED

• Foreign car INHERITED

• Total voters

jazzbass

Familiar Face
Pilgrim said:
We currently own all of the following:

1958 Fiat Roadster, bought used in 1968
1983 280ZX Turbo, bought used in 1990
1991 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible (used-2004)
1994 BMW 325i (used-2006)
1997 Chevy Blazer (used-2003)
1999 Chevy Blazer (used-2002)

I WANT that Fiat! Got a pic to post???

Jazzbass

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
OFF TOPIC..

Powerhouse said:
No problem brother... If we don't have humor...What do we have?

love the new avatar by the by, gives me an idea...

Trixglasses-1-bw.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
I own an old, cheap, fugly not quite green, not quite blue crappy Geo Storm (much to my 6'2" husband's dismay) that runs better then anything else I've owned.

I got it for the grand total of $28.62 and about 2 hours of sewing time and 4 hours of time I spent mostly on a ladder. Cost of material to make some really fugly curtains, and paint a wall (you are reading that right ONE wall). Which goes with my fugly car I guess. (We don't discuss the curtains. They were so bad and bright it took 2 weeks to get the after image out of my eyeballs. I still can't stand the color yellow, pink, orange and kelly green together. And yes, the lady had to have forgotten her prozac THAT day, because I sure can't come up with any other reason for that color combination.)

Elaina

doghouse

One of the Regulars
Yeah, yeah, I'm just now getting around to this. :p

I live in Arkansas/Texas, although registered in Arkansas.
I drive a 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE (mini-van)
And I bought it because it was the best value for my money.

I drive a 1959 Oldsmobile. Got it from my great Aunt. Just drove my son home fromt he hospital in it Thursday.
I also bought a 57 GMC, 57 Chevrolet Bel Air, 73 Mach 1
I wouldn't have a foreign car if they gave it to me. German cars?! Japanese cars!? I've got a long memory and I doubt I will live long enough to forgive.

Regards,

J

Viola

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
German cars?! Japanese cars!? I've got a long memory and I doubt I will live long enough to forgive.

Regards,

J

That's how I feel about Fords. [huh]

Viola

Wild Root

Gone Home
The best car Ford ever made was the Model A... there are still people who drive them daily... I know a few of them... they're good on gas, oil and they still make parts for the darn things! It truly is a car for the ages!

The only Ford I'd buy is a Model A.

Save a job, buy American!

=WR=

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
A lot of Fords are made in Mexico. My Honda was made in the United States.

I've had three Fords and don't plan to buy another.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A lot of Model A's are in regular use up here as "skidders," trucks that have been modified to work in the woods hauling out timber. They don't have to be registered, so no worries about rusty bodies, missing glass, or anything like that -- in fact some of them are nothing more than engines, transmissions, wheels, and steering, with chains hitched onto the back. But they still run, and they still earn their keep -- pretty amazing for vehicles going on 80 years old...

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Someone asked for a photo of my '58 Fiat Roadster. I don't have a photo of my car, but here's an ad from Fiat with a pic:

1957-fiat-1200-spider.jpg

Incidentally, the wheel covers are fake knock-offs, and they are an exact match to what I have. Mine is white with red & black interior. It was my high school graduation present in 1968.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
that's not a car I see every day. It's really sporty looking, but with just enough eccentricity to make it fun.

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
A lot of Model A's are in regular use up here as "skidders," trucks that have been modified to work in the woods hauling out timber. They don't have to be registered, so no worries about rusty bodies, missing glass, or anything like that -- in fact some of them are nothing more than engines, transmissions, wheels, and steering, with chains hitched onto the back. But they still run, and they still earn their keep -- pretty amazing for vehicles going on 80 years old...

WOW! That's great, I would love to see them in action. Swell!

Terry Lennox

Suspended
jamespowers said:
I drive a 1959 Oldsmobile. Got it from my great Aunt. Just drove my son home fromt he hospital in it Thursday.
I also bought a 57 GMC, 57 Chevrolet Bel Air, 73 Mach 1
I wouldn't have a foreign car if they gave it to me. German cars?! Japanese cars!? I've got a long memory and I doubt I will live long enough to forgive.

Regards,

J

Just curious but what brand of TV do you own?

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I'd love to drive a big American car. They just look so good.

But a few weeks ago, when I was in the market, my criteria just couldn't fit any of the good American cars in my price range. For my first car I needed the antilocks and the airbags and the good mpg and no immediate maintenance required and a figure under 5K -- and dang it, I don't want a Saturn.

So I drive a 2000 Suzuki Esteem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley