Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

green papaya

One Too Many
fried spring rolls with a sweet chili dipping sauce and Pad Thai noodles with chicken & eggs, from a local asian market with a small restaurant in the back.

2016-05-05_134129.jpg

Sounds curious, but no problem for me to eat:

One supermarket-500g cup of good old lowfat-quark (1,5%). A glass of water stands by, to avoid smothering.

And after it, I rinse my mouth correctly, because of lactic acid-smell. ;)

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I dread going to hospitals or clinics .
But I went for my yearly physical exam today.

Afterwards I rewarded myself to my favorite Italian dish.
Shrimp Paesano.
It’s buttered garlic shrimp & pasta, Italian bread & a glass of Chardonnay.
It’s a very rich dish & I mostly reserve this for special occasions.

Last edited:

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
I hope I didn't miss anything between pages one and 33.

My standard lunch is baloney and cheese on plain white bread (with mayonnaise). Nothing fancy. When I'm feeling rich, I go to Subway but I enjoy eating lots of fast food, whether or not it's actually fast or slow. Subway has the freshest bread, which I hope is legal for me to say here.

When I was little, working men at "the shops" (railroad car yard) took their lunches, as did my father. But apparently not the office clerks and workers downtown, which in my small town was the same as "up town." So there were lots of lunch counters along the main drag. That included two drugstores, two regular restaurants, GC Murphy (which was late in coming) and at least one tavern. The big hotel also had one but it probably didn't do a lot of lunchtime business. The junior high school, formerly the high school, did not have a cafeteria, so the students could bring their lunch, run down to the drug store or across the street to G.C. Murphy or even go home if they lived close, which I did. I expect that had all changed by the mid-1970s.

Did anybody mention hot dogs in the previous 32 pages?

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
I never heard the term "soda" as applied to a soft drink until after I had graduated from high school.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I never heard the term "soda" as applied to a soft drink until after I had graduated from high school.

For me, a “soda pop” is a carbonated soft drink that comes in glass bottles
not aluminum cans, plastic bottles or fountain drinks in foam cups.
Coca-Cola still makes them & Dr. Pepper is another that is made locally
using glass bottles.
Sometimes there’s Pepsi~Cola & RC Cola available in bottles, but I favor
Dr. Pepper & Coke.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82