Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

To dh66
Costa Rican tamales with all the ingredients sounds super delicious. :essen:

They were very different from tamales I know, and one was an entire meal by itself, but they sure were delicious.:D

Glad you made it out of the hospital in good shape.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Glad you made it out of the hospital in good shape.

Thank You & although it's off-topic. I would like to state.

Without going to details...to "you guys" like me who put off going to the doctor all my life.
Don't be stupid like me....please don't put off going for a check up.

I was "darn" lucky...this time.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A hamburger and a handful of edible packing puffs. The latter just to prove to the skeptical kids that it can be done. (If you throw the flavor packet from a package of Kraft Dinner on them, they taste just like Chee-tos. And are just as nutritious.)

Tired of eating hospital food, I treated myself to a thick juicey Porterhouse steak smothered in onions,
a dash of Worchestershire & xx beer !

That's the first thing that I did shortly after I got home from four days in the hospital. The last two days they had me on a bland cholesterol free diet due to the fact that they waited to check it on the last day I was there (it was low..139)..and I went through that for nothing. I asked the Doc if I could have a beer. He said "well one probably wouldn't hurt anything....

Here is that 'one' beer after my hospital stay...

Boy did I look terrible...That hospital stay liked to kill me. So glad to finally get released from that place..!! Hadn't been admitted to a hospital since I was five years old to have my tonsils taken out.

Last edited:
That's the first thing that I did shortly after I got home from four days in the hospital. The last two days they had me on a bland cholesterol free diet due to the fact that they waited to check it on the last day I was there (it was low..139)..and I went through that for nothing. I asked the Doc if I could have a beer. He said "well one probably wouldn't hurt anything....[/QUOTE]

But a six pack a day might. :p

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
That's the first thing that I did shortly after I got home from four days in the hospital. The last two days they had me on a bland cholesterol free diet due to the fact that they waited to check it on the last day I was there (it was low..139)..and I went through that for nothing. I asked the Doc if I could have a beer. He said "well one probably wouldn't hurt anything....

vd26g9.jpg

Boy did I look terrible...That hospital stay liked to kill me. So glad to finally get released from that place..!! Hadn't been admitted to a hospital since I was five years old to have my tonsils taken out.

Oh Man.... that looks mighty good to me
easy on the peppers though...:D

Last edited:

One beer?! That looks like three in there. lol lol

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I'm having fruit salad for lunch, ok...
it's mainly grapes,
ok... all grapes,
fermented grapes,
I'm having wine for lunch.

...at least until payday ! :p

Last edited:
I'm having fruit salad for lunch, ok...
it's mainly grapes,
ok... all grapes,
fermented grapes,
I'm having wine for lunch.

...at least until payday ! :p
LOL.....works for me.

Today I hit the Waffle House.
Scrambled eggs, toast, and hash browns smothered with chili and jalapeños. Three glasses of sweet tea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth