Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
Johanna,

They perfectly capture the innocent allure of pin-up cartoons of the era.

Cartoons? I believe you mean illustrations. A cartoon is an exaggeration; pictures making fun of something or someone.

Pin-up art of the period I believe were painted, lots of work would go into the composition and it took a true artist such as Vargas, Petty, Elvgren and Zoe to accomplish capturing a model's beauty.

Beautiful photos here; simple, beautiful and smart pictures.

FM~

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Forgotten Man said:
Cartoons? I believe you mean illustrations. A cartoon is an exaggeration; pictures making fun of something or someone.

Pin-up art of the period I believe were painted, lots of work would go into the composition and it took a true artist such as Vargas, Petty, Elvgren and Zoe to accomplish capturing a model's beauty.

Beautiful photos here; simple, beautiful and smart pictures.

FM~
No, I meant cartoons. But I didn't mean it as a pejorative and don't think you should spin it that way, My Friend.

I was expressing a compliment to the young lady for a job well done. ;) :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Johanna said:
Here are a couple of photos I took because I wanted to practice giving photos that techinicolory 50s-60s kind of look. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but it could be much better!

They're pinups but there's no nudity so I hope they're alright to post.

1418221358_238913caaf_o.jpg

These are fantastic, Johanna! Very pin-up! Sexy-sweet and innocent-looking. Very nice! :)

Lee

Johanna

One of the Regulars
HadleyH said:
Very,very nice Johanna :eusa_clap I really like it!!!!!!! :D I'd love to have a picture like that taken but I don't know how, may be one day.
Congratulations again Johanna, great pic :eusa_clap :D

Thank you! And I've just got to say that it was very easy to take these photos myself. I just set the background up in a bed, used no other lighting except the bedroom window, and used a camera with a self timer (Pentax Optio WP to be exact, it's great!) that I propped up on a table across the room. very simple!

And thank you to everyone else too!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Johanna said:
Thank you! And I've just got to say that it was very easy to take these photos myself. I just set the background up in a bed, used no other lighting except the bedroom window, and used a camera with a self timer (Pentax Optio WP to be exact, it's great!) that I propped up on a table across the room. very simple!

And thank you to everyone else too!
All the more impressive, Johanna. Professional photographers cannot get results like that. :eusa_clap
Almost unbelieveable. :eusa_clap

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Goldwyn girl and Johanna, what fabulouse photos. And since you made it sound so easy Johanna maybe i'll start taking photos of myself :D

Dominic

One of the Regulars
You ladies are all beautiful. We should have a "Ladies of the Lounge" calendar. :)

I took the liberty of taking Joanna's pic and gave it a whirl in Photoshop. I gave the photo the look of a slide film (E6) but processed in C-41 chemicals (used for conventional negative films). I found the result quite pleasant as it brought the saturated colors to a level similar to what was printed in the 50's.

Original picture:
1418221358_238913caaf_o.jpg

Modified:
joanna_mod.jpg

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Johanna said:
Here are a couple of photos I took because I wanted to practice giving photos that techinicolory 50s-60s kind of look. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but it could be much better!

Amazing. Just amazing -- what a beautiful woman you are.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld