Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Jovan

Suspended
Smuterella said:
true

I've never understood why many men seem to think any gay man would automatically fancy them. Its just so egotistical.

its refreshing actually how easily the chaps on here are with complimenting each other.
Indeed. I was often called a "queer" before in middle and high school and would often get stuff like, "Ew, get away from me I don't like men." :rolleyes: My response, once I started speaking up, was usually something to the extent of, "Even if I was, why the hell would I want you, much less any worthwhile woman?"

That said, I am very flattered to get compliments from either side. "Dudes shouldn't judge other dudes." Why not? Women are secure enough to do it. The "manliest" man I know is secure enough in his sexuality to do it. [huh]

alexandra said:
I think most girls are too insecure about themselves and so when they hear compliments, their initial reaction isn't "Ew weird" it's "No I'm not"
Heard that too many times to count. Even when a majority of people say it, "Thank you, but it's not true." :(

alexandra

Practically Family
I think people are afraid to accept it because they feel like it means they're saying "Why yes, I sure am absolutely gorgeous and don't forget it!" and they feel like that's cocky.

It's a shame.

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
TessTrueheart said:
I actually prefer to be complimented by women. Not that I dislike being complimented by men lol , but a woman is more likely to understand the effort that has gone in to dressing/make-up/hair. No offense, men of the lounge.:eek:

:eek:fftopic: When my mother was ill, I learned to give her a facial, manicure, pedicure and the rudiments of deep tissue massage and reflexology treatments... all before I was 15... I DO appreciate the effort gone to, since during the real dark patches of Valium withdrawal, I used to help... but no offence taken... :eek:

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
Its true Lyburnum does always look gorgeous

I do wish us girls wouldn't preface compliments with "i hope this doesn't sound too creepy/weird/funny" as if its terribly wrong to find each other attractive. surely the very fact that we are into vintage style at all shows our above average appreciation of femininity.

OK - I happen to be in a gay relationship, but just because I say Lyburnum or any other girl looks gorgeous it doesn't mean I fancy her. I'm more likely to want to look like her.

Sorry

*steps off soapbox*
Sorry, I meant creepy in a stalker sort of way (because I notice her photos all the time and I don't think she knows who I am)...I wasn't worried about coming across as hitting on her :)

I agree, I see absolutely nothing wrong with admiring beauty in the same sex. I hope that clears up my intentions.

edited - that should be *same* sex!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
A couple of serious ones from the shoot I posted the outtake from!

2356001896_c1cd69fa3b.jpg

2366723863_3b5502fe02.jpg

And a vintage nightgown, hope that's not considered indecent!

2367539198_a160523dc1.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Fleur, every photo you take is amazing. You are full of grace and beauty, and that once peice cream floral suit is devine!!:eusa_clap
Nikki

Smuterella

One Too Many
alexandra said:
I love good face days.

I know! Good face days are fabulous. I had a tan, just the lightest tan (i.e. not see-through), from my fortnights holiday on a greek island, and was feeling very relaxed and happy and confident, and in love with my photographer. I think that helps.

alexandra

Practically Family
I think you were having a good legs day too!

I'm one of those people who has her entire computer filled entirely of pictures. I take pictures of absolutely everything in my life.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
its not a vintage pic, but its my fave pic of me (I was having a good face day), and i love the sign in the background

l_791f57c2d549d7b3a123e9582945ab57.jpg

Where was this picture taken? It reminds me of the islands...

*edit* I just rewinded and saw that you posted a "greek island" sorry about that!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
That is a very interesting picture.. compositionally speaking. I also love that I can put your face now with your name. ;)

There is something very captivating about your pose and how you look in that picture.. very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe