Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Who Can Wear a Uniform?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
maggiethespy said:
Hey everyone! Thanks so much for contributing to the discussion-- it was very enlightening to read both viewpoints concerning the wearing of a serviceman's uniform.

I've been away from the Lounge for about two months now-- I found myself in a bit of a rut, but I'm back :)

Anyway, here are a couple of the photos from the shoot-- I'll be uploading more as they are edited and sent to me.

Also, I just found out yesterday that during his service as a barber in the navy, my great grandfather cut Tyrone Power's hair!

Just as a refresher, this is what we were going for:
image_508_1-1.jpg

And this is what we got:
(All photos by Cassel Hiles Photography, Hair & Makeup by Me)
IMG_1953_color-1.jpg

IMG_1953_sepia-1.jpg

IMG_1979_sepia-2.jpg

IMG_1979_color-1.jpg

I've gotten an earful of grief in another thread about wearing uniforms, rank, and so on, as I've taken a very conservative approach.

YOU can wear anything you like!

Story

I'll Lock Up
maggiethespy said:
Just as a refresher, this is what we were going for:
image_508_1-1.jpg

And this is what we got:
(All photos by Cassel Hiles Photography, Hair & Makeup by Me)
IMG_1953_color-1.jpg

:eusa_clap

Between Maggie and the rest of the women here, FL ought to crank out some calendars (like this -> http://www.pinupsforvets.com/ )

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I'm glad to know I'm making the servicemen and women proud rather than appalling them ;)

There's actually a good deal more of these photos, so I think I'm going to pick two or three and have them framed together as an aniversary gift to my grandparents. I hope they'll like them as much as you all seemed to!

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I think the photos are great and see no disrespect at all in them.

I myself used to wear my father's Navy whites from WWII, or at least the shirt, when I was in high school (and could still fit in it). I also wore his Pea Coat for years untill I outgrew it - as he was still in his teens when he served in the South Pacific in 1944-45, so he was pretty small. I'm still fond of wearing pea coats to this day.

I wore the shirt with jeans, and had long hair at the time. Some people may have looked at that as disrespectful, but I wore it with great pride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe