Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got my Magnoli suit . . . .

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
dostacos said:
I need to drop an entire "IndyMcfly" before I can get hip surgery [well I only need to hit 250, but I am shooting for 200. If I can get to 225 and stay there I may be happy] of course when I lose that much I will look like a Shar-pei ... but without the blue tongue:D

None of my sharpies have a blue tongue... or any tongue for that matter[huh]

dostacos

Practically Family
Kentucky Blues said:
None of my sharpies have a blue tongue... or any tongue for that matter[huh]
not a sharpie a Shar-Pei:D
3143031907.jpg

dostacos said:
When I as[k] the tailor to measure me, I will be buying accessories from him shop. Shirt, tie braces socks etc.

I go to an old time mens store that has real tailoring available on site. they don't do custom BUT they are old school. they also have big/tall and I think they even have hats.

Good for you.:eusa_clap I'm sure the gentlemen at this establishment appreciate that - it's a not an easy trade or an easy industry to work in, and not many folks appreciate the skills.

And remember - if they don't carry hats, they're not true haberdashers! :fedora:

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dostacos said:
I go to an old time mens store that has real tailoring available on site. they don't do custom BUT they are old school. they also have big/tall and I think they even have hats.

Dan

So, Dan, is it a state secret or are you going to give us the name of this place? Inquiring minds (and big and tall fellas) wanna know! :)

dostacos

Practically Family
Tony in Tarzana said:
So, Dan, is it a state secret or are you going to give us the name of this place? Inquiring minds (and big and tall fellas) wanna know! :)
It is called Valley Department store 245 N Euclid Ontario off the 60 fwy they do uniforms, casual clothes, suits sport coats. sansabelt pants. When you buy a suit they bring a real tailor out and chalk it up, they have hemmed pants while I waited. IIRC they do charge for everything but hemming and do have big guy suits.

dan

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dostacos said:
It is called Valley Department store 245 N Euclid Ontario off the 60 fwy they do uniforms, casual clothes, suits sport coats. sansabelt pants. When you buy a suit they bring a real tailor out and chalk it up, they have hemmed pants while I waited. IIRC they do charge for everything but hemming and do have big guy suits.

dan

Thanks!

dostacos

Practically Family
Tony in Tarzana said:
I would tell you to "tell 'em Dan sent ya!" but they would look at you and say "WHO????"lol

they used to sell womens clothes too, but stopped several years ago. It is in an old building in an old part of town [not a bad part, just old]. the first floor is all uniforms like post office, and they have a large selection of Levi's and Dickie's pants, shirts sweaters etc. the basement has all the suits belts and stuff. I have to enter through the back door [front has steps to the door] then they ride me down in their FREIGHT elevator:eek:

I believe it is still family owned, closed on Sundays, and for me, have always been helpful and friendly.

Say, tell them the a guy from Fedora Lounge sent you and after several guys do that I will go in and say I am the guy from the Fedora Lounge, do you have any messages for me?lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe