Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Inc Jackets and Repair Work

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Just shows how much the processing can affect the final properties of the hide..
Wonder how this jacket feels at this weight ?

Lando

Practically Family
Bison can be heavy, especially when you go for the 5oz. But the Bison that Johnson's gets, and a good deal of the Bison I've seen out there, is very soft and easy to wear. Its thick and I can feel the weight of it across my shoulders, but I'm pretty broad and I like that. I definitely won't be getting my wife a 5oz Bison jacket.

I'm working on getting some good pictures with my big camera, but for now, I thought I'd get this shot of the other D-pocket that came in. It's based on their M500 with a different style of D pocket and done in the Tobacco bison. It's a heavy monster of a jacket, but it's so damn comfortable that it doesn't feel like a heavy bomb proof tank. Feels like a leathery bathrobe, which I've only ever really used to describe Lost Worlds Elkhide before. And I love the fact that the colors on the Bison shift from batch to batch. So this Tobacco is very close to the Tobaccon Bison M120 I got a while back, but not quite. Alan says that if people wait too long he tries to reconfirm that they like the current shade of Bison with newer samples. Personally I like the variation. I would really love to see some different shades of that Redwood Bison as it is now my favorite color of Bison out there.

I'll try to get those bigger pics up soon.
9617282711_d9fd594770_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82