Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J-106

Loncster

New in Town
Hey y'all. I recently ordered the J-106 in natural CXL, They advised me to get a longer back, They said 25in sleeves and back would work with me. For reference. I am 5'8 and 165 pounds. I've tried measuring the 25 on my back and sleeves, Somehow i think it's too long for me and i would prefer something not short or long, But kinda in the middle. Now that i've tried measuring again, And seems like i would live with it. I started to think 25 might actually work lol. I picked 24.5 back and sleeves.

They said the J-106 is designed to be longer on the body, And so i wanted some tips about the "Perfect Fit"
And thank you!

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if this is generally the case, but my Aero need 1 cm more length at the back so that they are just as long as other jackets. The collar seam is less rounded and therefore runs higher. So if you measure from the collar seam ...

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The Aero J106 measures long but fits shorter.

Aero Daytona stock size 40 25" back length (same pattern as J106 but no epaulette and sort of hand warmer on the D pocket)
aero daytona j106 pattern size 40.jpg

I am just under 6' tall and for casual wear I could use an extra inch in the Daytona, but not a deal breaker. I would go with what Aero suggest for you length wise, they know their own stuff. And the Aero cut may be different than your best fitting jacket on hand.

Loncster

New in Town
The Aero J106 measures long but fits shorter.

Aero Daytona stock size 40 25" back length (same pattern as J106 but no epaulette and sort of hand warmer on the D pocket)
View attachment 628479

I am just under 6' tall and for casual wear I could use an extra inch in the Daytona, but not a deal breaker. I would go with what Aero suggest for you length wise, they know their own stuff. And the Aero cut may be different than your best fitting jacket on hand.
Sick fit dude, I was leaning towards the daytona, but i picked the J-106 for more classic look. Idk i might tell them i will go for the 25.

I was gonna pick the barnstormer in natural CXL, but after a lot of thinking i said hell no. That mf is heavy i'm not gonna be able to move while wearing it

After the J-106 i might go with my last aero which is hooch hauler in russet badalassi.

Loncster

New in Town
I don't know if this is generally the case, but my Aero need 1 cm more length at the back so that they are just as long as other jackets. The collar seam is less rounded and therefore runs higher. So if you measure from the collar seam ...
I don't know why and how, But how all of your aeros fit you perfect, I'm jealous man lol

I think you should give the barnstormer a try i think it will fit you perfectly and you'll love it!

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
I don't know why and how, But how all of your aeros fit you perfect, I'm jealous man lol

I think you should give the barnstormer a try i think it will fit you perfectly and you'll love it!
:D thank you.
The barnstormer is kind of cool, but not for me. Long jackets don't suit me very well.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I got buttons on my Hooch Hauler that could be an option to cover that buttons look without going full on Barnstormer. I had a Barnstormer and a single version, the belt is cumbersome in everyday scenarios. Very cool jackets, but I feel like a half belted back would have been better for daily wear than the full on belt, but that's not historically correct... Or maybe the peacoat looking one, Mariner. Basically belt was my pet peeve about that pattern, it either dangles when open or I am carrying it at the back in a loop.

Anyways, here is my buttons Hooch, it could work as a dressier version and covers a short Barnstormer look so to speak, works better open as a shorter length, and no dangling belt...
IMG_5597.jpg

Russet Badalassi would be a real nice leather for this pattern. I need to get back in that russet badalassi game...

Loncster

New in Town
I got buttons on my Hooch Hauler that could be an option to cover that buttons look without going full on Barnstormer. I had a Barnstormer and a single version, the belt is cumbersome in everyday scenarios. Very cool jackets, but I feel like a half belted back would have been better for daily wear than the full on belt, but that's not historically correct... Or maybe the peacoat looking one, Mariner. Basically belt was my pet peeve about that pattern, it either dangles when open or I am carrying it at the back in a loop.

Anyways, here is my buttons Hooch, it could work as a dressier version and covers a short Barnstormer look so to speak, works better open as a shorter length, and no dangling belt...
View attachment 628499

Russet Badalassi would be a real nice leather for this pattern. I need to get back in that russet badalassi game...
Damn it, i will put fur collar on my jackets next time

Honestly i like creativity in jackets like yours, Really interesting looks.

If it looks great who cares if it's historically correct or nah.

Loncster

New in Town
I can switch the style to the hooch hauler and leave the J-106 behind, But i feel like i have to experience the J-106 first. Idk, I might be wrong.

I was looking for the next style which is the moonshiner in vicenza, but i don't think i'm a big fan of vicenza as i think it looks dead, And dull.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I've seen your jacket, great choice.
Hope you still have it because this piece is a damn treasure
I still have it but will be selling it this fall.

There's 8-pages of others in that thread - the "point" was to keep the information into less threads that are easier to search, and not repeat the same things in multiple threads.

Your Vicenza comment caused me to go search this one out again from several years back (2019). I believe this jacket is now in Australia. It's Vicenza and had a whole lot of character. That leather in particular varies a lot batch to batch -
1721681336305.png

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-ridley-42-vicenza-black.97989/

Loncster

New in Town
I still have it but will be selling it this fall.

There's 8-pages of others in that thread - the "point" was to keep the information into less threads that are easier to search, and not repeat the same things in multiple threads.

Your Vicenza comment caused me to go search this one out again from several years back (2019). I believe this jacket is now in Australia. It's Vicenza and had a whole lot of character. That leather in particular varies a lot batch to batch -
View attachment 628502

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-ridley-42-vicenza-black.97989/
Haven't seen any batch like this before, All i see now is kinda soft and dull.

newtojackets

Practically Family

View attachment 628499

Have you ever posted your full collection anywhere? Would love to see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads