Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it me or has it become harder to sell things on Classifieds or anywhere else?

has it been harder to sell pre-loved good online?

• yes. more price cuts needed

• no. about the same as 2022

• really depends on the category or item condition

• I am just here for the responses

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I was "too rockabilly for school" in the 00s and early 10s in Philadelphia, but I always supported the newbies. The others in that "clique" would mock a newbie when they got up from the table. When I started to shift to more 60s and 70s looks, I was then shunned. That scene is now 10000% dead. I moved across the country, but I still have contact with some of the people from that scene. 100% of them are no longer into rockabilly/vintage/being "too cool".

^^^^^^^
I’ve observed before how some think it their place to police what is and what isn’t “correct” about their particular fascinations, be it vintage attire or domestic furnishings or whatever. There’s a lot of that in certain MCM circles, and it‘s generally off-putting. Hardly the way to win friends and influence people.

So I’m left thinking they don’t really wish to bring others into the fold. And really, it betrays a certain rigidity, and often a fundamental misunderstanding of that to which they claim expertise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrgorve