Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irvin Flying Jacket

Gas - Stone

New in Town
Hello people - I'm new here and I'm just gonna put out there few questions - hope everyone is ok with it.
I have been looking for a Irvin Flying Jacket for years now - Unfortunately my budget is always on the lower end and I'm bit concern purchasing something second hand on a whim to leather find out does not fit well - I have pretty long arm and legs and a somehow bit shorter torso so I mostly end up with stuff that to has short sleeves or too long torso and I look like a fool lol. In and ideal world could be great to try something in person.
Any recommendation?
I have seen a Irvin reproduction for a brand mil-tec - it looks nice in pictures and of decent quality for a jacket that doesn't break the bank and can be used more carefree.
Also I'm size 42 generally 6'2 Standard/slim constitution.

Thanks in advance.

mumpy

A-List Customer
You might be able to score a used one (Aero, Irvin Aviation etc.) within the same budget as the mil-tec jacket. Have you looked into that option?

Alternatively, there is also AVI Leather, a Danish company that makes some sheepskin jackets that are at the same price point as the mil-tec one. Unfortunately they do not have an Irvin model but they do have a D-1, a B-3 and some other models (well not yet at least, seems they are working on one: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/irvin-jacket-from-avi-leather.33595/)

Another option is a Five Star Irvin, here is a review:

Last edited:

Gas - Stone

New in Town
You might be able to score a used one (Aero, Irvin Aviation etc.) within the same budget as the mil-tec jacket. Have you looked into that option?

Alternatively, there is also AVI Leather, a Danish company that makes some sheepskin jackets that are at the same price point as the mil-tec one. Unfortunately they do not have an Irvin model but they do have a D-1, a B-3 and some other models (well not yet at least, seems they are working on one: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/irvin-jacket-from-avi-leather.33595/)

[/URL]

Another option is a Five Star Irvin, here is a review:

[/URL]
Thanks Mumpy - yep been looking on the secondhand market - anyway did not know of AVI leather or 5* - their B3 look sick and the 5* Irvin it is pretty great - I love that both of them are very good quality for the price :) - Thanks a lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads